What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Draw

mxlegend99

Referee
Point 1 SOO 2 is stand alone so we will play Roosters at full strength.

Point 2 didn't idiots say above a draw isn't hard until you see how a team how they play in 2018 not 2017? If it turns out Canb, Eels, Sharks and NQ are top 4?

We have struggled against top 8 teams. So any of the 11 games we have against the top 8 teams are what matters
One of those teams could be top 4... Cowboys most likely. But no way Storm, Roosters and Broncos drop out of the top 4.

I saw our game before Origin 2 and was excited we got to play Roosters weakened. We havent gained an advantage at Origin time in years. Less pumped about that game now.

Roosters have the easiest draw by a fair margin also. Ours is ranked 4th based on the markets for next year.

One of those teams could be top 4... Cowboys most likely. But no way Storm, Roosters and Broncos drop out of the top 4.

I saw our game before Origin 2 and was excited we got to play Roosters weakened. We havent gained an advantage at Origin time in years. Less pumped about that game now.

Roosters have the easiest draw by a fair margin also. Ours is ranked 4th based on the markets for next year.

Cows, Storm and Roosters locks for Top Four, Broncos may just drop out when considering 1st grade players who they have gained and lost:
2018 Gains: Jack Bird (Cronulla Sharks, 2021)
2018 Losses: Jai Arrow (Gold Coast Titans), Adam Blair (New Zealand Warriors), Herman Ese'ese (Newcastle Knights), Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons), Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers), Tautau Moga(Newcastle Knights)

franklin2323

Immortal

the same markets which had us and Warriors as top 4 certainities this year?

Should they get Cronk they lose guys. Broncos lost Hunt, Benji, Moga, Ese'ese etc. Storm no Cronk so who knows how next year will pan out. Rankings from this year is all we can use

TheFrog

Coach
Only play Roosters, Broncos and Storm once.
They must be counting the Cowboys as having run 2nd, otherwise the highest side we play twice would be the Eels, who were eliminated 2nd week.

Obviously you cannot really tell 11 months in advance, but it looks OK to me.

OldPanther

Coach
2018 PANTHERS NRL DRAW

Round Opponent Date Time Venue
Eels Sunday 11th March 4.10pm Panthers Stadium
Rabbitohs Saturday 17th March 5.30pm Panthers Stadium
3 Bulldogs Friday 23rd March 6.00pm ANZ Stadium
4 Cowboys Thursday 29th March 7.50pm 1300 Smiles Stadium
5 Eels Sunday 8th April 4.10pm ANZ Stadium
6 Titans Sunday 15th April 2.00pm Panthers Stadium
7 Sharks Sunday 22nd April 4.00pm Southern Cross Group Stadium
8 Bulldogs Friday 27th April 7.50pm Panthers Stadium
Cowboys Friday 4th May 7.50pm Carrington Park
10 Knights Friday 11th May 6.00pm McDonald Jones Stadium
11 Wests Tigers Thursday 17th May 7.50pm Panthers Stadium
Dragons Saturday 26th May 7.30pm Panthers Stadium
13 BYE
14 Raiders Friday 8th June 6.00pm GIO Stadium
15 Roosters Friday 15th June 7.50pm Allianz Stadium
16 Sea Eagles Saturday 30th June 3.00pm Panthers Stadium
Warriors Friday 6th July 7.50pm Panthers Stadium
Sharks Friday 13th July 6.00pm Panthers Stadium
19 Broncos Friday 20th July 7.50pm Suncorp Stadium
20 Sea Eagles Saturday 28th July 3.00pm Lottoland
21 Raiders Sunday 5th August 4.10pm Panthers Stadium
22 Titans Saturday 11th August 3.00pm Cbus Super Stadium
23 Knights Saturday 18th August 3.00pm Panthers Stadium
24 Warriors Friday 24th August 6.00pm Mt Smart Stadium
25 Storm Friday 31st August 7.50pm AAMI Stadium

Only play Roosters, Broncos and Storm once.

I like this draw. Enough easy and enough top 8 from this year to really prove themselves with a top 4 finish. Hope they can make the most of it.

Point 1 SOO 2 is stand alone so we will play Roosters at full strength.

Point 2 didn't idiots say above a draw isn't hard until you see how a team how they play in 2018 not 2017? If it turns out Canb, Eels, Sharks and NQ are top 4?

It is possible for us to get 14 games v Top 8 opposition we have 11. Far from easy

Not once have I insulted you. You're a f**kwit.

franklin2323

Immortal
I like this draw. Enough easy and enough top 8 from this year to really prove themselves with a top 4 finish. Hope they can make the most of it.

Not once have I insulted you. You're a f**kwit.

You haven't once whinged about us having an 'easy' draw so you aren't one of the mentioned idiots

franklin2323

Immortal
They must be counting the Cowboys as having run 2nd, otherwise the highest side we play twice would be the Eels, who were eliminated 2nd week.

Obviously you cannot really tell 11 months in advance, but it looks OK to me.

On surface looks mid range. Not the hardest nor the easiest 3 rookie coaches could make even teams out of the 8 strong. Good year coming up

franklin2323

Immortal
I did say how current form means more than the pre season draw.

The draw seems to of fixed that with games against the same opposition so close. We play Parra and NQ twice in the 1st 10 weeks. If they get injuries or poor form late in the year and miss the finals. People will say we had an easy draw ignoring they were good when we played them

Like everyone forgets Manly was top 4 when we beat them this year.

OldPanther

Coach
The draw seems to of fixed that with games against the same opposition so close. We play Parra and NQ twice in the 1st 10 weeks. If they get injuries or poor form late in the year and miss the finals. People will say we had an easy draw ignoring they were good when we played them

Like everyone forgets Manly was top 4 when we beat them this year.

I hope we play them all at their best. Top 8 will mean more in my opinion. I think this draw is really good. It gives us a few games that SHOULD be easier while a fair few should be a test. As long as everyone excluding Storms doesn't fall to pieces again like this year it should be fun to watch. The players/Coach have a good opportunity to prove their worth here.

franklin2323

Immortal
I hope we play them all at their best. Top 8 will mean more in my opinion. I think this draw is really good. It gives us a few games that SHOULD be easier while a fair few should be a test. As long as everyone excluding Storms doesn't fall to pieces again like this year it should be fun to watch. The players/Coach have a good opportunity to prove their worth here.

We get them early so should get them at their best. The fact we have a settled spine fully fit for a full pre season will be a huge benefit. Hard to say if no recruits is good or not. I guess we didn't hit our straps yet made week 2 of the semis. Wheras 3 teams below have rookie coaches and the rest new rosters. Gives as an advantage I guess time will tell

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
I'm just pissed off that Roosters and Brisbane both somehow escaped playing us in Penrith.

To the contrary of many Penrith supporters, I couldn't give less of a shit about the 'rivalry' with Parramatta.They're a dog shit club that got lucky with the timing of players coming through in the 80's.That's all they are.A terrible, joke of a club that had a little bit of luck.

Feuding with them would be like having a punch on with a mentally disadvantaged kid just because he drooled on the floor next to you.

Let him drool and let us have Brisbane or Roosters at home instead.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
I'm just pissed off that Roosters and Brisbane both somehow escaped playing us in Penrith.

To the contrary of many Penrith supporters, I couldn't give less of a shit about the 'rivalry' with Parramatta.They're a dog shit club that got lucky with the timing of players coming through in the 80's.That's all they are.A terrible, joke of a club that had a little bit of luck.

Feuding with them would be like having a punch on with a mentally disadvantaged kid just because he drooled on the floor next to you.

Very dramatic, i liked the link between Parramatta and a mentally ill child drooling on the floor..

OldPanther

Coach

That was hilarious.