What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Draw

King Ben

Juniors
So we know Round 1 is Cowboys in Townsville. Round 2 is Dragons.. on a Thursday.

The NRL has scheduled two Sunday afternoon games in Sydney on six weekends over the season.

Not that the Cronulla Sharks are happy with the Thursday night placement of their blockbuster local derby against St George Illawarra in round two.

The derby is their biggest drawing game of the season and a match that is always a near full house on a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

The Sharks believe the decision to play on a school night will cost them up to 7000 fans and around $100,000 in gate takings.

2016 Grand Final rematch is Good Friday at home. Round 14 against the Tigers. Full draw released tomorrow morning.

M2D2

Bench
We are going to get f**ked if those early games to base anything off. for f**ks sake.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Feels like we always draw Monday and now Thursday timeslots v's the putrid Goons......as long as we get our share of Sunday arvo footy I'll be happy. Think we only had two last year which was pretty faarrked.

King Ben

Juniors
Chief executive Todd Greenberg said the NRL had delivered the first preference request of every club in the 2018 draw.

I'd love to know what our first preference was, I thought we asked for a Sunday Dragons home game every year as #1 priority.

Card Shark

Immortal
Someone has to play in those time slots - it’s normally an “honour” to get a FTA game.

I don’t see too much changing in the draw although the NRL will bang on about it being better.

The big indicator will be how many Thursday & Friday nights (7 day turnaround/ weekend off) the Broncos get!

Quigs

Immortal
Lyall and the crew should be howling this down from the top of every mountain. Its an annual event and it should be an annual shit fight until they get it right

King Ben

Juniors
image_617405503.img.jpg

shaggs

Coach
I’m back from an enforced holiday.

I don’t really care where and when we play teams, but having the drags and the eagles on a Sunday, ensure a full house.

It doesn’t make sense to play any local derbies on a Thursday. The only reason would be to try and prop up attendance on the Thursday nights.

Quick analysis

12 games vs top 8 teams 12 games vs bottom 8. even split. We play both Grand finalists twice.
We play the Roosters and Manly only once both at home which is good.

We play Souths and the \Warriors and Titans once away
We play Wests once at shark park.
Newcastle twice

we have a staggering 11 channel 9 fixtures

further analysis

Away days

Canberra
Newcastle
Melbourne
Brisbane
NQ
Goldcoast
NZ

That's a fair lot of travel
we also play sy George and the eLLs twice in the first 10 weeks.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
And not one Saturday 2pm kick off, strange how that works out. Nice to see nothing has changed with Brisbane getting 22 Thursday/Friday night games. Absolutely ridiculous that this hasn't changed despite the NRL having full control of the draw this season. One of your best works Greenberg you pelican.

On the other hand our draw features so many FTA games - we'd better pull our fingers out and impress to warrant them. And no dreaded trip away to Brookvale for the second year in a row. Local derby on a Thursday night is an absolute gee up. Apart from that we can't really complain.