What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Draw

adamkungl

Immortal
Full draw here
http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2017/10/19/_2018_official_roost.html

Some notes...

Our home games:
dogs @ sfs fri 16 mar 6.00pm
knights @ sfs sun 25 mar 6.30pm
warriors @ sfs sat 31 mar 5.30pm
souths @ sfs thu 12 apr 7.50pm
manly @ sfs sun 6 may 4.10pm
titans @ ccs sat 26 may 3.00pm
tigers @ sfs sun 3 jun 4.10pm
panthers @ sfs fri 15 jun 7.50pm
storm @ sfs fri 29 jun 7.50pm
dragons @ sfs sun 29 jul 4.10pm
cowboys @ sfs sat 4 aug 7.30pm
broncos @ sfs sat 25 aug 7.30pm
*Adelaide TBD

Team breakdown
tigers x2
dogs x2
knights x2
warriors x2
sharks
souths x2
dragons x2
manly x2
broncos x2
titans x2
panthers
storm
cowboys
raiders
eels

Timeslot breakdown
wed 4.10
thu 7.50 x2
fri 6 x2
fri 7.50 x4
sat 3.00 x2
sat 4.30
sat 5.30 x2
sat 7.30 x3
sun 4.10 x5
sun 6.30 x2

Overall... not too bad. It's a pity the Souths and Dogs games get shafted for timeslots but we have great ones for Tigers, Manly, Dragons, Penrith, Storm and Broncos. Glad we're not taking a Sydney game to the CC, pity we have to play Titans twice instead of Parra or Sharks though.
But no howlers like the days of Raiders on a Monday night. Weather aside our fanbase has no excuse for any sub 10k crowds with that draw, all the out of town teams are in reasonable timeslots.
Our Tigers, Penrith, Storm home games are Origin effected

Valheru

Coach
FMD we have a soft draw based on last year's results.

We play 7 of the bottom 8 twice and only 2 of the top 8 (Brisbane and Manly) with no travel to Townsville or Melbourne.

We leave NSW for the first time in round 10 for back to back fixtures against NZ and Brisbane and then leave NSW only once the rest of the way*.

We were kidding ourselves if we didn't make the top 4 next year as it was but with this draw which means we will probably struggle lol

*I note Adelaide is TBD above, are we definitely taking a game there and awaiting the AFL draw before announcing?

Valheru

Coach
So AFL draw is out. What game are we thinking will go to Adelaide?

I originally though the Melbourne fixture was odds on and the ground is available that night but with the Cronk deal and us only playing them once I can see that staying.

I thought the Cowboys was next most logical but the ground is being used that day.

I can't see us taking a Sydney team there, the GC game is already set down for CC and Brisbane is our last home game and a decent crowd drawer anyways.

That really only leaves 2 options IMO, the Newcastle game which is a Sunday night so not ideal and the Warriors game which is Easter Saturday.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yes I was looking at the AFL draw last night trying to work out which game as I would like to go to Adelaide again, the only other possible match would be the Manly game which Is the Sunday ch9 game, not sure what the chance of that happening though.

Lambretta

First Grade
I would have thought the Storm game would be the one to take to Adelaide
But it's a Friday night - not sure if that's a good idea

Looking at the draw, it seems the days of going to the pub with the lads and then to the game aka my social life have come to an end.

dogs @ sfs fri 16 mar 6.00pm - OK time slot
knights @ sfs sun 25 mar 6.30pm - Not good
warriors @ sfs sat 31 mar 5.30pm - Good time
souths @ sfs thu 12 apr 7.50pm - Not good
manly @ sfs sun 6 may 4.10pm - Not good
titans @ ccs sat 26 may 3.00pm - No good pub
tigers @ sfs sun 3 jun 4.10pm - Not good

It'll be June next year before the good times roll

panthers @ sfs fri 15 jun 7.50pm - Good time
storm @ sfs fri 29 jun 7.50pm - Good time
dragons @ sfs sun 29 jul 4.10pm - Not good
cowboys @ sfs sat 4 aug 7.30pm - Good time
broncos @ sfs sat 25 aug 7.30pm - Good time

If the Storm game goes - my social life takes another hit
Take the Dragons, Souths or the Manly game to Adelaide please

horrie hastings

First Grade
So the AFL draw has been out for a while and still no news on the Adelaide game.
Draw not that great, as mentioned above you wouldn't think they would take the Melbourne game there with the Cronk factor now, also the ground is being used for AFL the following day, although changing the ground the following day is possible it is not the most ideal so I doubt whether the AFL would put up with it.
Looking at the rest of the draw, the Warriors game would be the most logical but also mentioned above it is on the Easter weekend, The Titans game would be ideal but it is being played at Gosford, maybe they could change the Titans match to Adelaide and move another game to Gosford, maybe the Warriors.
Another possibility could be the Penrith match on Friday 15th June, this would make more sense too as it wouldn't be the biggest drawing game crowd wise against another Sydney team[ not knocking Penrith there but not an ideal time slot for people travelling in from the West unless they are already working in or close to the city then getting home very late], also the Swans are playing next door at the SCG at the same time so this would be an ideal game to move to Adelaide if Nine are prepared to televise it from there.
The Knights game was also mentioned above on Sunday night but with Pearce and company playing for the Knights it is another I cant see being moved.
Cant see the South's game being moved there because of the local derby factor which leaves the Manly or Saints game as possibilities also but cant really see that happening although the times of those game would fit in my travel plans well.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
To me that is a bit of an odd decision.

This will be Cronk's one and only regular season game against the Storm next year.... on a Friday night... and it is a good chance of being a top 4 battle.

They must not have faith in drawing a crowd against anyone else.

Lambretta

First Grade
Great - another Friday night beer session with the lads bites the dust
On the plus side, I've booked flights to Brisbane to see the Roosters against Brisbane at Suncorp

#truesupporter :p

adamkungl

Immortal
No interstate trips for me this year. Small chance of a Warriors away game if it lines up with other plans.

Lambretta

First Grade
I am also considering Newcastle away - but that will strictly be a drive up, drive back, no drinking affair
I just need to find someone stupid enough to come up with me

Valheru

Coach
Melbourne is definitely next on my list, I haven't been there for a footy game.

No game there this year and last year I chose the Adelaide game.

NZ one year would be great too and of course Gold Coast. Not sure I'll ever develop the enthusiasm for Townsville.