What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Emerging Blues

Clifferd

Coach
Thought Marsters would’ve been included? Or has he declared himself for NZ

Not sure these things mean much but it’s probably a good confidence booster for them

Twal is probably a genuine chance at playing origin within the next 3 years though, IMHO

Vic Mackey

Referee
Thought Marsters would’ve been included? Or has he declared himself for NZ

Not sure these things mean much but it’s probably a good confidence booster for them

Twal is probably a genuine chance at playing origin within the next 3 years though, IMHO

Marsters said in his profile video his goal is to make the NZ squad this year, love seeing a kid with big ambitions. Hope we get him signed up.

Agree re Twal, those worker style props have always been a bigger success at Origin rather then the explosive type.

As always the list is a bit of a joke though. Bayley Sironen couldn’t even get a full time NRL contract.

Clifferd

Coach
Marsters said in his profile video his goal is to make the NZ squad this year, love seeing a kid with big ambitions. Hope we get him signed up.

Agree re Twal, those worker style props have always been a bigger success at Origin rather then the explosive type.

As always the list is a bit of a joke though. Bayley Sironen couldn’t even get a full time NRL contract.

He’s got a Klemmer feel about him. Just straight and hard no non sense, it’s not often you see a kid come into first grade and look comfortable straight away, but at the backend of last year he was consistently making 100+ metres and 30+ tackles off the bench

Tiger Ted

Bench
And completely out played his front row partner for Lebanon who I can only assume was from Lebanese local comp considering how poor he was
Yep parra certainly did let go of the wrong prop with Lebanese heritage.Twal is already light yrs ahead of that powder puff Manah !

gordsy

Juniors
Twal did and does look the goods. Everyone sees the good stuff Woods does but they gloss over the lazy cover defence and powder puff runs he throws In as well. He's like the Benji of front rowers, some really good stuff mixed in with some absolute garbage. I'd rather Twal than Woods to be honest.
A smart man once told me it's easier to teach skill than heart.

Tiger05

First Grade
Twal did and does look the goods. Everyone sees the good stuff Woods does but they gloss over the lazy cover defence and powder puff runs he throws In as well. He's like the Benji of front rowers, some really good stuff mixed in with some absolute garbage. I'd rather Twal than Woods to be honest.
A smart man once told me it's easier to teach skill than heart.

Twal is much more solid than Woods already. Woods has great off loads and a big motor but geez he has holes in his game. The soft hit-ups, slow play the balls and lazy defence aren't good. Woods I suppose can win games for you whereas Twal has the ability to do his job well consistently with minimal flaws.

I suppose Fifita is similar. He is a weapon when he is one but he is inconsistent and a liability at other times. Taumalolo kills them all because he is consistently really really good but also has the ability to win you games.