What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Finals Scheduling

Vic Mackey

Referee
What I think the NRL would love:

1 Storm V 4 Warriors
2 Roosters v 3 Bunnies
5 Dragons v 8 Broncos
6 Sharks v 7 Panthers

blaza88z

Coach
I am loving this philosophy that the NRL won't let us miss the 8, nah it's great, I am thoroughly enjoying it, it's like we haven't had to turn up and compete all year yet we're still in the 8

Dickheads

TheDMC

Bench
I am loving this philosophy that the NRL won't let us miss the 8, nah it's great, I am thoroughly enjoying it, it's like we haven't had to turn up and compete all year yet we're still in the 8

Dickheads

The 90% of the 50-50 calls you get will see you in the eight no matter what.

gordynz

Juniors
This top 8 could go either way, I can't see the Roosters losing any of their last three games which means I have them top, Melbourne should comfortably seal second spot with Bunnies in 3rd, then it gets tricky with the log jam in the middle.

1. Roosters vs 4. Warriors
2. Storm vs 3. Rabbitohs
5. Sharks vs 8. Tigers
6. Panthers vs 7. Dragons

Springs09

Juniors
Highly unlikely this would get a higher crowd at ANZ than Penrith. Penrith supporters boycott home finals at ANZ/Allianz because it aint a home final. Maybe things will be different when Parra is built but I doubt it. These are people who commute 5 days a week. Bugger doing it on the weekend as well, especially late at night.

Oh f**k off. Another to add to the list of rubbish excuses. They commute to work so f**k doing it for their NRL side playing a finals match?

Yeah I have to leave the house for work every day, why should I do it on the weekends?

If they are playing Dragons or Tigers then yes they will absolutely get a bigger crowd at ANZ than Penrith. And if they are playing Brisbane or Warriors, then yes ANZ is a home game.

Springs09

Juniors
This top 8 could go either way, I can't see the Roosters losing any of their last three games which means I have them top, Melbourne should comfortably seal second spot with Bunnies in 3rd, then it gets tricky with the log jam in the middle.

1. Roosters vs 4. Warriors
2. Storm vs 3. Rabbitohs
5. Sharks vs 8. Tigers
6. Panthers vs 7. Dragons

Why does Melbourne comfortably seal 2nd? Are Souths definitely going to lose to one of Broncos, Raiders or Tigers?

Springs09

Juniors
Tigers v Dragons week 3 2010 finals crowd pulled about 20k more then Easts v Souths Week 3 2014 did

Proof that’s the 2 big Sydney Clubs right there

Eels v Dogs drew more and Dogs v Rabbits slightly less.

A Souths v Dragons or Souths v Tigers prelim should go close to selling out given the history of the clubs and how long since they've played each other in finals. Hopefully there is at least one good prelim match-up, last two years have been shithouse.

FireFalcons1

Juniors
1st Roosters vs 4th Panthers
2nd Storm vs 3rd Rabbitohs
5th Sharks vs 8th Warriors
6th Dragons vs 7th Broncos

TheFrog

Coach
Oh f**k off. Another to add to the list of rubbish excuses. They commute to work so f**k doing it for their NRL side playing a finals match?
OK I have another one. Panthers supporters believe their home finals should be played at Penrith, especially week 1 against out of town sides, and that is why they boycott the big soulless grounds hours away.

typicalfan

Coach
Highly unlikely this would get a higher crowd at ANZ than Penrith. Penrith supporters boycott home finals at ANZ/Allianz because it aint a home final. Maybe things will be different when Parra is built but I doubt it. These are people who commute 5 days a week. Bugger doing it on the weekend as well, especially late at night.

That isnt going to make the NRL change it. The good fans will still go.

Lambretta

First Grade
It would be at ANZ.

When it was a chance of happening in 2013/14, the NRL said that in the event we hosts souths (or bulldogs or parra) in week 3 they would move it to ANZ

Its a piss take really seeing as we play out of a 40,000 stadium
It's not like you can only get 15,000 in to our place

Russell Coight

Juniors
It is being played at one of the home grounds of the away team. The Panthers might choose to go to Allianz like they did against the Dogs 2 years ago.

You do realize Allianz is even further from Penrith than ANZ right?

The demand would be too big to hold at bogan stadium, 30k minimum if it was Penrith v Wests

If you're good enough you can win at any ground. Bad luck

TheFrog

Coach
You do realize Allianz is even further from Penrith than ANZ right?
They went to Allianz in 2016 so as not to give the opposition a home ground advantage. At least it is a neutral venue. We have a better record there in finals too.

I don't think anyone is disputing that a final like Tigers-Panthers would draw a bigger crowd than Penrith/Campbelltown/Leichardt could hold. The discussion, which clearly went over your head, concerned playing an out of town side.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Its a piss take really seeing as we play out of a 40,000 stadium
It's not like you can only get 15,000 in to our place

Yep and it seems baseless that the SFS wouldn't be big enough given the 2014 effort where the prelim got 52.5k.

Lambretta

First Grade
Yep and it seems baseless that the SFS wouldn't be big enough given the 2014 effort where the prelim got 52.5k.

Can you think of another Country where you get home advantage only for the league to say "Congratulations on gaining home advantage. Unfortunately we are taking it off you because it makes us more money if we do"

It makes our sport a laughing stock tbh