What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 First Grade 17

BuffaloRules

Coach
Anyone know what the story is with JJ Felise?

Gets picked in the squad most weeks but never gets a sniff of the 17...

He is one of my first picked ATM. Harsh to say his best game in ages was on Sunday as I think he's been playing consistently good for quite awhile. Defence is shaky but that's imo due to not trusting his inside men which is getting better with Marsters next to him.

Like I said one of my first picked in the team, he bleeds the club
Fair enough Clifford and good point re Marsters next to him which made me think, whilst I was one screaming out to dump Naiqama, Marsters coming in and Naiqama moving to the opposite side, what came first? The previous coach, whatzisname, never thought to shift Naiqama, I wonder why !!

super_coach

First Grade
Can Liddle play 80 mins? If he could put on some size and go for a full 80 he will be a top class hooker. Having ET in the squad helps if he goes down injured but hopefully there won't be an intention for ET playing hooker bar on-field injury

I think the way to go is Liddle no9, Benji no14, with Reynolds going to 9 when Liddle needs a breather and Benji going to no6. Killer has had a good year,but Liddle is only going to get better

Tigerm

First Grade
He is one of my first picked ATM. Harsh to say his best game in ages was on Sunday as I think he's been playing consistently good for quite awhile. Defence is shaky but that's imo due to not trusting his inside men which is getting better with Marsters next to him.

Like I said one of my first picked in the team, he bleeds the club
There are others who bled for the club and got shafted. Though I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, it is professional football and may the best players be picked.

Clifferd

Coach
There are others who bled for the club and got shafted. Though I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, it is professional football and may the best players be picked.

No doubt best players get picked, and on ability (and from what he's shown) nofo has been the best winger at the club for a couple years now and that won't change from next year onwards either

It's also a nice addition he's a tiger through and through & a local

Clifferd

Coach
Fair enough Clifford and good point re Marsters next to him which made me think, whilst I was one screaming out to dump Naiqama, Marsters coming in and Naiqama moving to the opposite side, what came first? The previous coach, whatzisname, never thought to shift Naiqama, I wonder why !!

I think it's just IC's brilliant man management skills which JT didn't have. I've seen massive improvement in Lawrence, Brooks and Naiqama in particular who only a few months ago I thought were very average. Unfortunately Lovett is just a lose cause

I've no doubt JT can coach but there's more to then just fielding a team and going through video sessions each week etc. the relationship between coach and players is a must and I reckon Ivan has that

The players want to play for him.

Shredder

Juniors
On those calling for Reynolds to play hooker -

Do we really think that IC would pay half dollars to shift a bloke to a position that we already had juniors for? We could have picked up Liccha for $250k, about a third what we are paying Reynolds (apparently) and he has actually played the position recently.

I have no doubt Reynolds will be at 6

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think it's just IC's brilliant man management skills which JT didn't have. I've seen massive improvement in Lawrence, Brooks and Naiqama in particular who only a few months ago I thought were very average. Unfortunately Lovett is just a lose cause

I've no doubt JT can coach but there's more to then just fielding a team and going through video sessions each week etc. the relationship between coach and players is a must and I reckon Ivan has that

The players want to play for him.
The last line is telling.It denotes a glaring difference between the meritorious IC & the miserable moronic infant Taylor!!

Tiger Woody

Juniors
ET has a lot on his mind too, very sick daughter at home in NZ but the doctor recommends he stays here as treatment isn't available in Sydney. Says a lot about a guy who can still put his body on the line with so much personal shit going on

I really hope he stays and is contention for captaincy but to me Lawrence just edges him. Both players to me are one of my first picked it's just a shame Lawrence is injury prone

Cliff i think its the other way around the way i read it.
His daughter is in Sydney,but no treatment available in NZ for her.
So doctor says they should stay in sydney to get the treatment.
I think its the family members who want him back in NZ
I could be wrong though..

Sorry Charlatan,didnt mean to steal your thunder..
Trying for a one on one strip...lol

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I did find it surprising that he wasn't getting a gig on bench pre Twal & Eiso.

How the f**k were Lovett & Edwards picked ahead of him !!
yeah...wonders will never cease
IC picked it up quick....No Country and western singer Lyall even named in Intrust last week.....Wont see "Hitman" Edwards again either..
We supporters have been calling for their heads for 2 seasons...FINALLY someone listens
The Twal Doll and the Huth have passed a freewheeling Felise who is still locked in neutral.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I still think Felisse will be an ok first grader. He is better depth then what we've had over the last few years I.e Edwards, Buchanan, Lovett, Santi etc

Tiger Ted

Bench
I still think Felisse will be an ok first grader. He is better depth then what we've had over the last few years I.e Edwards, Buchanan, Lovett, Santi etc
I know he wasn't treated as depth by the moronic coaches but I put Galloway in the same category as pathetic nrl players!! Geez he was shithouse !!

Gee we have had some rubbish in the forward department over the years,even if you go back only a few years you can put together a pack that consists of some of the biggest pillow biters that have ever played the game,imagine a pack of Galloway,Balin,Buchanan,Lovett,Anasta and Edwards,whoever signed these marshmallows deserves to be flogged.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

Gee Vic,
You have brought up some shockers there.
Santi probably takes the cake....

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I know he wasn't treated as depth by the moronic coaches but I put Galloway in the same category as pathetic nrl players!! Geez he was shithouse !!
Hahaha Ted.
You got me in hysterics now.
Big red,pillow Gallows....
He fitted in well with the no punch rule didn't he...but good at push and shove
Born again Christian,what more can I say

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Gee we have had some rubbish in the forward department over the years,even if you go back only a few years you can put together a pack that consists of some of the biggest pillow biters that have ever played the game,imagine a pack of Galloway,Balin,Buchanan,Lovett,Anasta and Edwards,whoever signed these marshmallows deserves to be flogged.

Mate that is a sad pack....dunlopillow variety
I think the man to blame is that Ronald McDonnell clown.
He's now at Bulldogs making another shitty mess.