What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 First Grade 17

BuffaloRules

Coach
Anyone old enough to remember Nick Graham playing for the Tigers in 2004..?.

Geez he was ordinary...

Not a terrible player earlier in his career with the Sharks but way past it when he played fior Sheens and WT...

Shredder

Juniors
I am BR -
I remember the two rugby boys that we brought over to. Cant remember their names.

Honestly I reckon a lot of it was the way Sheens had them playing.
He won a comp with quick play the balls and just coached them all to submit and play the ball quickly.
I remember Payton being the biggest guy in our pack for years and he was a midget compared to the opposition.

It was horrible footy to watch

Tiger Ted

Bench
Gee we have had some rubbish in the forward department over the years,even if you go back only a few years you can put together a pack that consists of some of the biggest pillow biters that have ever played the game,imagine a pack of Galloway,Balin,Buchanan,Lovett,Anasta and Edwards,whoever signed these marshmallows deserves to be flogged.
Also u can add the shameful & dishonourable mercenary Blair plus the soft cock O'hara.Our Recruitment & Retention has been deplorable & a major bugbear of mine for yrs !!!

I haven't disliked anyone over the many yrs of mediocrity we've been subjected to than the lowlife mercenary Blair closely followed by the spineless sluggish pea heart Galloway !! At the same time it's beholden on the dickhead coaches to have set kpi's for these bludgers & ensured that they delivered according to appropriate targets otherwise make an example of the under-performing shitbags by relegating them to state cup!!

simmo05

Bench
Also u can add the shameful & dishonourable mercenary Blair plus the soft c**k O'hara.Our Recruitment & Retention has been deplorable & a major bugbear of mine for yrs !!!

I haven't disliked anyone over the many yrs of mediocrity we've been subjected to than the lowlife mercenary Blair closely followed by the spineless sluggish pea heart Galloway !! At the same time it's beholden on the dickhead coaches to have set kpi's for these bludgers & ensured that they delivered according to appropriate targets otherwise make an example of the under-performing shitbags by relegating them to state cup!!
A CEO (humphries?) once tried to enforce KPI's on Sheens, and got himself ridiculed by all and sundry. Led to his demise if im not wrong. Made it impossible to manage anyone performance in the organization.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Hahaha Ted.
You got me in hysterics now.
Big red,pillow Gallows....
He fitted in well with the no punch rule didn't he...but good at push and shove
Born again Christian,what more can I say
The pea heart wouldn't have lasted 1 scrum in under 23's in the 80's !! His league career would've been short lived & not progressed beyond a rugged under 23's comp !

Tiger Ted

Bench
A CEO (humphries?) once tried to enforce KPI's on Sheens, and got himself ridiculed by all and sundry. Led to his demise if im not wrong. Made it impossible to manage anyone performance in the organization.
Yep geez that was diabolical & 1 of the reasons we've been in the bloody doldrums for so long ! What a bloody amateurish organisation this place has been on many fronts for way to long !

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Simmo I remember but it wasn't Humpty Dumpty.
Just googled it........Scott Longmuir

It's obvious we have all been scarred by these shite players,Nick Graham,Sam Harris,Ryan O'hara,the list goes on.
Lol at McDonnell,that explains Canterburys woes.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yep. How about Sheensius move of playing Jamal Lolesi in the second row?
You can't make this stuff up.

If you really want to reminisce have a look at this pack v parra in round 14 2008

Front Row 8. Danny GALEA
Hooker 9. Robbie FARAH
Front Row 10. Bronson HARRISON
Second Row 11. Ben TE'O
Second Row 12. Chris HEIGHINGTON
Lock 13. Dene HALATAU
Bench 14. John MORRIS
Bench 16. Corey PAYNE
Bench 19. Rocky TRIMARCHI
Bench 20. Tevita METUISELA

Hard to believe we lost 44-6

Tiger Woody

Juniors
If you really want to reminisce have a look at this pack v parra in round 14 2008

Front Row 8. Danny GALEA
Hooker 9. Robbie FARAH
Front Row 10. Bronson HARRISON
Second Row 11. Ben TE'O
Second Row 12. Chris HEIGHINGTON
Lock 13. Dene HALATAU
Bench 14. John MORRIS
Bench 16. Corey PAYNE
Bench 19. Rocky TRIMARCHI
Bench 20. Tevita METUISELA

Hard to believe we lost 44-6
Ah there's another liability. Corey Payne......if he wasn't giving away penalties he was dropping the ball or missing tackles
And "no neck" Heighington..lol
The soft shoe shuffler.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Adam Blair 2012-2014 - 3 years of "trying to figure out his role in the team" as an excuse for his pillow like performances.

Tiger05

First Grade
Blair was the worst wasn't he. I think he played for us exactly like he has played for Brisbane but he just isn't a great player.

At the Storm with great players around him he looked better than what he really was. He tries hard and he isn't a slow forward but that simply isn't good enough to be the replacement for Gareth Ellis.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Front row Danny Galea? :joy::joy: I do vaguely remember this game, it was terrible. Was Taylor the parra
coach then?
I don't remember who we were playing but I was at the game when Galea went down like he was shot after rupturing his Achilles' tendon .

super_coach

First Grade
Any individual player is only as good as the other 16 allow him to be. On paper we are not that flash now, but Cleary has basically a no name side with quite a few players with little reason to be having a dig as they will not be at the club or in the team next year. Its amazing what can happen when everyone is pulling in the same direction.

So my point with a bloke like Blair, its not always as it looks from the outside, plenty of internal friction has dogged us for years. Cleary seems to have put a lid on it at present and lets hope it stays that way

Latest posts