What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 First Grade 17

Shredder

Juniors
Sue looks it to.

He looks as ripped as a bodybuilder.

I suspect Ivan has already told him his role for next year and that he is preparing for it.

Lolo has already lost a stack of weight.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
After seeing Aloiai and Sue improve hugely I'm inclined to go with a top 21 as follows:

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
3. Milne
4. Suli
5. Fonua
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Reynolds
10. Matulino
11. Taylor (c)
12. Lawrence
13. Eisenhuth

14. Marsters
15. Twal
16. Grant
17. Aloiai

18. Sue
19. Liddle

20. Chee Kam
21. McQueen

I'd love to be proven wrong but the busted old Chris McQueen seems like Jason Taylor's parting attempt to f**k us over. What an inept sack of shit that merkin is.

Overall, that team looks very competitive, I'm confident we will make the 8.

Tiger05

First Grade
I can't see Reynolds playing 9. I think Liddle will be there.

The pack is what I find interesting. Do you play Taylor at 13 and we can play Aloiai on the edge along with MCK/Marsters or Lawrence or even McQueen.

Sue to me has to play up the middle and I'd give him a spot in the 17 but he is going to be close to missing out since we signed Grant.

As for Taylor. That guy f**ked us up the ass without any lube. It hurt then and it still hurts.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
After seeing Aloiai and Sue improve hugely I'm inclined to go with a top 21 as follows:

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
3. Milne
4. Suli
5. Fonua
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Reynolds
10. Matulino
11. Taylor (c)
12. Lawrence
13. Eisenhuth

14. Marsters
15. Twal
16. Grant
17. Aloiai

18. Sue
19. Liddle

20. Chee Kam
21. McQueen

I'd love to be proven wrong but the busted old Chris McQueen seems like Jason Taylor's parting attempt to f**k us over. What an inept sack of shit that merkin is.

Overall, that team looks very competitive, I'm confident we will make the 8.

From what ive seen last 2-3 games Aloiai and Marsters have to be in the side.
Grub at 6 though......Benjamin on the bench....Not sure about Milne just yet.
Yeah Taylor left us a turd in the toilet before he went in McQueen..We could be wrong,time will tell.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

The pack is what I find interesting. Do you play Taylor at 13 and we can play Aloiai on the edge along with MCK/Marsters or Lawrence or even McQueen.

Sue to me has to play up the middle and I'd give him a spot in the 17 but he is going to be close to missing out since we signed Grant.

As for Taylor. That guy f**ked us up the ass without any lube. It hurt then and it still hurts.

Yeah 05...
I'm glad Taylor didnt get to my tight one.....the bignosed goose.

Radical Rat

Juniors

I agree, ET should be in the 13 jumper playing 80 and doing all the clean up work we so missed last night. He's not an impact edge player, he's wasted there. We need our backrowers to be good hole runners. So my vote would be Aloiai and Lawrence.

As good a job Marsters has done in the centres I don't see his long term future there. I think he's the perfect utility to bring on and break a game open, ala Peachey. I think he offers way more value than Benji in that position. As we've highlighted Benji will get his fair share of games with Reynolds and Brooks soft tissue injury issues.

So for me the team would be:

1. Lolo
2. Nofo
3. Milne
4. Suli
5. Fonua
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks

10. Twal
9. Liddle
8. Packer
11. Lawrence
12. Aloiai
13. ET

14. Marsters
15. Matulino
16. Grant
17. Sue

That's a powerful bench that no one is getting on top of.

Tiger Ted

Bench
From what ive seen last 2-3 games Aloiai and Marsters have to be in the side.
Grub at 6 though......Benjamin on the bench....Not sure about Milne just yet.
Yeah Taylor left us a turd in the toilet before he went in McQueen..We could be wrong,time will tell.
Yep McQueen is a terrible waste of money.He is way past his best & is surplus to our needs.Its unforgiveable how we've signed this has-been for 3 yrs.Geez I'd luv to finish what Faalogo started with the miserable gump J Taylor !!! Whoever was responsible for rubber -stamping his appointment with us should no longer b employed by us !!!

Tiger05

First Grade
Yeah 05...
I'm glad Taylor didnt get to my tight one.....the bignosed goose.

It f**ken kills me thinking of what that merkin did to us. I honestly don't even want to think about it anymore. IC is really good but at this level shouldn't that be normal.

Maybe they need to stop choosing ex-players to coach.

Tiger05

First Grade
I agree, ET should be in the 13 jumper playing 80 and doing all the clean up work we so missed last night. He's not an impact edge player, he's wasted there. We need our backrowers to be good hole runners. So my vote would be Aloiai and Lawrence.

As good a job Marsters has done in the centres I don't see his long term future there. I think he's the perfect utility to bring on and break a game open, ala Peachey. I think he offers way more value than Benji in that position. As we've highlighted Benji will get his fair share of games with Reynolds and Brooks soft tissue injury issues.

1. Lolo
2. Nofo
3. Milne
4. Suli
5. Fonua
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks

10. Twal
9. Liddle
8. Packer
11. Lawrence
12. Aloiai
13. ET

14. Marsters
15. Matulino
16. Grant
17. Sue

I like that team but what about Eisenhuth. He has been great and doesn't deserve to miss out. I also think Benji will get a chance and he might be better than our 1, 6 or 7 but I'd play him in reserve grade until we get an injury.

Our squad is so much better next year but we need some class in the spine.

Tiger Ted

Bench

1. Lolo
2. Nofo
3. Milne
4. Suli
5. Fonua
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks

10. Twal
9. Liddle
8. Packer
11. Lawrence
12. Aloiai
13. ET

14. Marsters
15. Matulino
16. Grant
17. Sue

If 1 & 7 aim up we will play finals footy with that formidable side.What I'm loving is we have decent depth in most positions.

Just a hypothetical but if IC's son was the halfback in that team we would deadset b a top 4 side.That kids all round kicking game is immaculate(also will likely b the Achilles heel of our team next season) & he is an exceptional defender.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I like that team but what about Eisenhuth. He has been great and doesn't deserve to miss out. I also think Benji will get a chance and he might be better than our 1, 6 or 7 but I'd play him in reserve grade until we get an injury.

Our squad is so much better next year but we need some class in the spine.
I know, I'm in two minds about the Huth. I can't decide whether he's a hard working asset, or a bit of a plodder. Perhaps there's a reason he made his 1st grade debut at 25.

I do like him but I'm not sure we can play him and ET together in the back row.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I know, I'm in two minds about the Huth. I can't decide whether he's a hard working asset, or a bit of a plodder. Perhaps there's a reason he made his 1st grade debut at 25.

He made his debut at 25 because he had a tumour in his leg that took 3 years out of his career you maniac. The guy tackles everything that moves and makes 120m+ a game. He's a beast.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He made his debut at 25 because he had a tumour in his leg that took 3 years out of his career you maniac. The guy tackles everything that moves and makes 120m+ a game. He's a beast.
He's a big unit with a great work rate & a tough determined bugger who will b a mainstay of our pack for many yrs to come.Ive no doubt he will cement a spot in the 17.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

The guy had a tumour in his leg.So out of action for a while.
Huth I think will be in the 17 somewhere in 2018.I have him in front of McQueen.
McQueen is a dud buy in my opinion.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Fair call. I stand by my comment though. I'm 50/50 as to me he does have a touch of the plodder about him.

He's definitely in front of McQueen.

Clifferd

Coach
He's a worker not an impact player that can create something out of nothing. I'd love him in the team but at the expense of who? Lawrence? McQueen who we paid 450k for? Taylor who tackles his ring out week in week out? Aloiai who is quite possibly our strongest ball runner?

And I can't really see him as an asset on the bench. I see him as an 80 min player or not at all

Tough times ahead for IC. But in a good way because I definitely feel he is nrl standard.

simmo05

Bench
It f**ken kills me thinking of what that merkin did to us. I honestly don't even want to think about it anymore. IC is really good but at this level shouldn't that be normal.

Maybe they need to stop choosing ex-players to coach.
Didnt the wests board members pick taylor?

Latest posts