What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The minimalist approach of less detail on emblems not only looks better but it also makes it easier to reproduce on things such as social media feeds or embroidery on uniforms etc. Qantas has really cut back on the detail of their flying kangaroo in their most recent version. Most people wouldn't have even noticed this change. The wings, paws and ears now have all disappeared leaving a nice neat silhouette. I would like to see more emblems like that in the NRL.
View attachment 18358

Nah, if you hadn't seen earlier ones most people would have no idea it was kangaroo!

gzerounian

Juniors
Nah, if you hadn't seen earlier ones most people would have no idea it was kangaroo!
Exactly right. Once you establish such an iconic recognisable brand then you can do a minimalist rebrand. So after 20 years of the Storm emblem being unchanged, I think they probably could go with the same emblem and cut back on the detail.

_Johnsy

Referee
Dragons just the silhouettes of St George and the dragon.
Like this?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/620164-...SECONDARY-NRL-CAR-STICKERS-ITAG-/321961121637
1oe9Ne

Rooster8

Juniors
Noticed tonight that some roosters such as Cordner and JWH had ‘Golden Roosters’ on their shoulders. Maybe trying to do what the kangaroos are doing now with the golden, silver and bronze emblems?

105EC903-1486-40AA-9234-06AE4C8B8410.jpeg 02B36A5A-1305-437B-9FD8-AACE0DAD434B.jpeg

Stallion

First Grade
West tigers alternate strip: The 2nd worst in the franchises history. Only pipped by the grey top a few seasons ago for worst look so far!

toomuchsoup

Juniors
West tigers alternate strip: The 2nd worst in the franchises history. Only pipped by the grey top a few seasons ago for worst look so far!
it's my most hated uniform. absolute dog shit

that sublimated fading tiger suuuucks

i think they're afraid of embracing a majority orange kit

Stallion

First Grade
it's my most hated uniform. absolute dog shit

that sublimated fading tiger suuuulcks

i think they're afraid of embracing a majority orange kit

Too much white. All they had to do was replicate the same as main strip but with Balmain gold and black in opposite areas. Simple. No colour clashes and no confusion.

beave

Coach
How good did NQ’s away jerey look on Friday............

FMD, whoever allowed that design should run into the other goal post at the southern end of Suncorp.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
How good did NQ’s away jerey look on Friday............

FMD, whoever allowed that design should run into the other goal post at the southern end of Suncorp.

Not trying to make a ref joke here but i found the ref's jersey looked way too similar to your away jersey, needed to be a random bright colour.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
The Tigers have some of the best colours but always terrible jerseys. How hard is it?

Mostly Orange / Black with a bit of white.

Mostly Black / White with a bit of Orange.

So easy to come up with a good hoops, stripes or double vee design.

Stallion

First Grade
The Tigers have some of the best colours but always terrible jerseys. How hard is it?

Mostly Orange / Black with a bit of white.

Mostly Black / White with a bit of Orange.

So easy to come up with a good hoops, stripes or double vee design.

Their main strip is ok. The alternate (mostly white)strip is a shocker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts