What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzerounian

Juniors
Seriously I feel that CCC just uses rugby league to trial new jersey concepts for their beloved rugby union. I could be wrong but how come we haven't seen this collar pop up in any rugby tournaments or internationals this year?

callmack1

Staff member
Seriously I feel that CCC just uses rugby league to trial new jersey concepts for their beloved rugby union. I could be wrong but how come we haven't seen this collar pop up in any rugby tournaments or internationals this year?
True. The 2016-17 template didn't show up in NZ Union until this year even though it was used in the NRL in 2016.

Diesel

Coach
That Kangaroos jersey is a shocker, must've been work experience day at CCC when it was approved

GAZF

First Grade
There are several union teams with this collar - England, Ireland, Ospreys to name a few. They may not have worn them in a match yet though.

gzerounian

Juniors
There are several union teams with this collar - England, Ireland, Ospreys to name a few. They may not have worn them in a match yet though.
So I was wrong then. They must be wearing it for the upcoming spring tour maybe. Those 3 examples don't look as bad as the kangaroos because the colour of the collar is tha same as the rest of the jersey.

kdalymc

Bench
Are Lebanon just wearing a warm up jersey or have they actually stuffed up like 4 days out from the event and changed the design...?

GAZF

First Grade
So I was wrong then. They must be wearing it for the upcoming spring tour maybe. Those 3 examples don't look as bad as the kangaroos because the colour of the collar is tha same as the rest of the jersey.
The international rugby ones seem to have been announced earlier but will be used later than the Kangaroos.

FWIW, I don't think the gold collar is terrible, the white one from Sat is pretty ordinary. If the neck hole opening went deeper like the Adidas collars of late, it would look better but Canterbury probably don't want to outright rip a competitor off.

gzerounian

Juniors
If the neck hole opening went deeper like the Adidas collars of late, it would look better

How good does the kangaroos jersey look on the "League of Giants" statues...deeper neck holes like you were just saying (and the v's look thinner and go closer to the shoulders).

d95ce3422284d7273cd4cc36af55469e.jpeg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NZ

DMOM9zwU8AAxakj.jpg:large

some11

Referee
Wait, what is going on with the Roos jersey?

Is that a faux-collar? trying to make it look like an actual foldable collar except it's not and it looks shithouse?

GAZF

First Grade
How good does the kangaroos jersey look on the "League of Giants" statues...deeper neck holes like you were just saying (and the v's look thinner and go closer to the shoulders).

View attachment 15939
22449602_1473497172727565_991952184927761106_n.png

Its a shallower neck hole imo. In this photo it looks like a t-shirt collar with a flap sewn on top.

Something like the pic below would better imitate a collar and placket but CCC's design is already very close as it is.

Maori-2017-home-jersey.jpg

Another thing worth mentioning is that Canterbury's logo should have been lower, especially on the hooped jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts