What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
This is their WIL jersey yeah? Not their alt/away?

They should be made to wear a white jersey against souths, find a different round to do the the themed shit.

Stallion

First Grade
The alternate strip last year (and this year) was gunmetal grey actually. And the NRL deemed it and their main strip a clash so this is the solution.

I recall a white and green strip? Whenever that was about it was a good look and effective. Today is the "Penrith Panthers" getting flogged for neutral fans viewing on tv.

kdalymc

Bench
some raiders v souths jerseys from recent times

View attachment 19342
BUT....this was last year
View attachment 19343

As Henson Park Hornets said on the previous page:
"That all makes sense but Canberra's lime green doesn't actually clash with Souffs at all, nothing clashes with lime green! I could understand it if the Raiders were wearing the bottle green of the Ozemail days however they're back in the lime so the real need for an alternate jersey at all."

We've seen much worse this year.

Didn’t matter for the last 30years either

Zerô

Juniors
Re: Souths and Raiders

Even though the shades of green don't clash, it might be a TV graphic reason.

Telecast partners have the ability to throw graphics on the field. Don't think Nine use it. Foxtel might, but Seven love it silly with the AFL.

They use the green of the grass like a green screen in movies, and having 3 shades on the field gives more of a chance of error.

gzerounian

Juniors

Telecast partners have the ability to throw graphics on the field. Don't think Nine use it. Foxtel might, but Seven love it silly with the AFL.

They use the green of the grass like a green screen in movies, and having 3 shades on the field gives more of a chance of error.
Apart from the NRL logo all other onfield grass advertising (eg Telstra) is a graphic. They have been doing this for a while. You see them on the wide shot then they disappear on the close ups.

big hit!

Bench
some raiders v souths jerseys from recent times

View attachment 19342
BUT....this was last year
View attachment 19343

As Henson Park Hornets said on the previous page:
"That all makes sense but Canberra's lime green doesn't actually clash with Souffs at all, nothing clashes with lime green! I could understand it if the Raiders were wearing the bottle green of the Ozemail days however they're back in the lime so the real need for an alternate jersey at all."

We've seen much worse this year.

It's green. It's one game Canberra and Souths should wear an alternate in an away game, just to have two clearly contrasting teams on the field, which is also firkin green.

Newcastle wearing their bogan tradie hi-vis shit in a match against the tigers is ridiculous. Who comes up with this shit? Why does it even exist?

thorson1987

Coach

Both 9 and fox have been doing it for years.

Stallion

First Grade
CBR need to stop with stupid alternate jerseys. Black, yellow, charcoal...ditch them all. They should wear their home strip 95% of the time. When they are away to Souths, it needs to be white jersey, white shorts with lime green piping.

Or even green shorts with the white and green jersey? But yeah Canberra and other sides like Newcastle are doing their recognition and familiarity no good whatsoever in the market place. This sort of reckless regard for the look of a club is damaging for general recognition in the sporting marketplace.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yes! It's damaging! I spoke to 4 and a half people in the peanut gallery last night and they said they were going to watch darts instead of league because of the marketing people and their jerseys!

Stop imploding!

Stallion

First Grade
Yes! It's damaging! I spoke to 4 and a half people in the peanut gallery last night and they said they were going to watch darts instead of league because of the marketing people and their jerseys!

Stop imploding!

Lol. Notice you don't take note of what's happening around you? Not a good trait. Being observant helps. When you ignore anecdotal evidence you tend to close off from reality . You seem to be a person that does not take notice of what's going on or can't relate it to a bigger picture. That's your failing not mine!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
CBR need to stop with stupid alternate jerseys. Black, yellow, charcoal...ditch them all. They should wear their home strip 95% of the time. When they are away to Souths, it needs to be white jersey, white shorts with lime green piping.
This is pretty much what happens though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Or even green shorts with the white and green jersey? But yeah Canberra and other sides like Newcastle are doing their recognition and familiarity no good whatsoever in the market place. This sort of reckless regard for the look of a club is damaging for general recognition in the sporting marketplace.
Yeah, those fluoro clash kits EPL clubs wear are really doing brand damage. :rolling_eyes:

You've made your point ad nauseum, we get it. Please move on.

Stallion

First Grade
Yeah, those fluoro clash kits EPL clubs wear are really doing brand damage. :rolling_eyes:

You've made your point ad nauseum, we get it. Please move on.

You just countered a response using a totally different competition that does not have anywhere near the amount of other codes trying to gain market share. The NRL has a major threat to its market share in Australia namely AFL. This competition seldom changes its strips. This engenders fan loyalty and recognition in ways you are dismissing with a flawed comparison. Your tone toward me derides contempt. Lift your game! (that can be taken more ways than one)

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
This is pretty much what happens though.

Canberra haven’t had a white away jersey in years.

2017/18
images

2015/16
images

Pommy

Coach
You just countered a response using a totally different competition that does not have anywhere near the amount of other codes trying to gain market share. The NRL has a major threat to its market share in Australia namely AFL. This competition seldom changes its strips. This engenders fan loyalty and recognition in ways you are dismissing with a flawed comparison. Your tone toward me derides contempt. Lift your game! (that can be taken more ways than one)

I can honestly say outside of the two Sydney clubs I wouldn’t be able to pick two AFL sides from each other.
They don’t change their shirts that often because nobody wants to buy a vest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.