What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
If you look at the sides, the orange has a leading pinstripe that the black doesn't. Always struck me as odd, why design two jerseys so similar but make a tiny difference.

Peak jersey nerd right there. Kudos to you. I never noticed that.

The “design” probably is the same but they kept it black (invisible) on the black jersey?

hrundi99

First Grade
Wests nailed it in 2009/2010 seasons with these jerseys. Simple and clean black and orange.

Sadly unlike St.George where saints has held prominence over Illawarra with history and finance, Wests had a change of fortune with the Magpies coming out the bigger member and paying the bills but have to put up with Tigers getting the naming rights at the time.

View attachment 20603View attachment 20604

I worked for WT at the time and was involved with some decision making around the designs. I can't recall why they decided to alter the orange. Maybe they thought the white was a bit lost? Too long ago now...

LineBall

Juniors
34530392_2004122096305538_4128984440850350080_o.jpg

Queensland needs to get back to Maroon and white. The old logo was better too - simple and easier to to identify.

LineBall

Juniors
I love the maroon and white era of QLD jerseys, but that ‘thing’ Milf is wearing, he looks like he’s wearing a f**king cape......

Yeah, it looks like they’ve followed the kangaroos and have a retro jersey for training.

beave

Coach
Could/should.
Closest was this absolute gem
View attachment 20621

I giggle every time that jersey gets posted from google......

it’s actually mine. And it’s just as f**king hideous in real life as it is in that picture. I love wearing it for shits and gigs and a lot of the younger gen think I’m wearing some sort of cheap asian knock off jersey....... no kids, when NQ were the cutlery kings, this is what they wore.........

To think the original version was meant to be this

images

Which is 100000% better.

Last edited:
tbh I can't stand the logo both Maroons and Blues had since 2013. Looks too Crazy Clark's

The Blues haven't had a decent jersey since 2004 in my honest option. 2005 the Navy blue crept onto the jersey under the arms and then with a decade of failure came a decade of shit jerseys too.

This years is an improvement, just wish we'd ditch the navy blue chevrons.

Saint Doc

Coach
The Blues haven't had a decent jersey since 2004 in my honest option. 2005 the Navy blue crept onto the jersey under the arms and then with a decade of failure came a decade of shit jerseys too.

This years is an improvement, just wish we'd ditch the navy blue chevrons.

The 2008 centenary jersey was a cracker.
Agree the rest have been shit. Not a fan of the chevrons. It’s not origin.

peterwallace_origin_wideweb__470x329,0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts