What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travitoh

First Grade
Here is my perfect world of jerseys. 90% of the time all teams would be able to wear their home jerseys (even at away games...fancy that). Wherever possible colours have just been reversed. Could even have Roosters and Warriors in red for their away. White jerseys would almost be non existent and clubs would have identical design in both their home and away jerseys. Then apply a strict NRL policy that no other on-field jerseys to be produced. All other special event jerseys can still be sold but not worn for matches.

View attachment 17592

If only it were that simple though. In doing this, clubs will forfeit thousands of dollars in merchandising income as a result. It's why clubs release multiple jerseys and wear them throughout the season for exposure. It's purely for merchandising profits.

I'd be happy with that, like how the NFL designs don't change only where the colours are.

Penrith alternate needs to be reverse of the home instead of just white shoulders though, similar to the 90s white alternate.

It works like that in the NFL and NBA because so much of their merchandising is based around the name and number on the jersey. Have you ever seen a fan wear a clean NFL jersey? They're woeful!
In the NHL where clean jerseys aren't as bad, they'll change up the design every few years, even if it's only minor changes.
All American sports also wear and release various alternate jerseys as well.

I don't disagree with the ideas, i just doubt it is something that will happen in this day and age where merchandising is possibly a bigger income for clubs than gate takings.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I
I don't disagree with the ideas, i just doubt it is something that will happen in this day and age where merchandising is possibly a bigger income for clubs than gate takings.

Not close yet, gate receipts and memberships make double the revenue of merch sales. And that is in one of the lowest crowd drawing clubs. (Taking the Penrith Panthers as an example). No doubt it is a lucrative market though with some clubs pulling in well over $2.5mill in Merch sales.

Diesel

Referee
Here is my perfect world of jerseys. 90% of the time all teams would be able to wear their home jerseys (even at away games...fancy that). Wherever possible colours have just been reversed. Could even have Roosters and Warriors in red for their away. White jerseys would almost be non existent and clubs would have identical design in both their home and away jerseys. Then apply a strict NRL policy that no other on-field jerseys to be produced. All other special event jerseys can still be sold but not worn for matches.

View attachment 17592
That Warriors jersey is shit. Their 2012-14 jersey with the red and white V was much better

Diesel

Referee
Does Melbourne have a WCC badge replacing the NRL one tonight, or a NRL premiers one?

Looks like a silver NRL premiership logo

EDIT: it’s a WCC logo.

Should the premiers have a gold NRL logo?

LESStar58

Referee
Does Melbourne have a WCC badge replacing the NRL one tonight, or a NRL premiers one?

Looks like a silver NRL premiership logo

EDIT: it’s a WCC logo.

Should the premiers have a gold NRL logo?

The AFL have been doing it for a few years. EPL champs have been doing it since Adam was a boy.

Why not?

Suzuki on the sleeves is worse....see how bad they are on the team polo shirts.

I know the clubs logo is now the smallest across the league but the Suzuki one is ridiculous......

gzerounian

Juniors
Saw this from tonights trials and nearly had a heart attack. But I think these are just last years jerseys with a sticker slepped over ZTE sleeve sponsor. The actual sleeve and lower back sponsors for this year have been integrated beautifully...BUT...TFH have ruined the near perfect manly kit by being back of shorts sponsors for both legs!
Screenshot_2018-02-17-22-04-43-1.png

gzerounian

Juniors
The cowboys jerseys looked absolutley f**king geniused on the field.

Goes with their current game form I guess

Take a look at how well the grey, yellow and navy combination has been presented on Matt Scott's training top as opposed to the all navy jersey and shorts. That training top has the perfect ratio of the 3 colours and cannot be mistaken for anything other then NQLD. Their last couple of jerseys have not embraced this.
Screenshot_2018-02-17-22-31-00-1.png

GAZF

First Grade
Would also be better if the stripes didn’t run through the number
Would be ideal but the supporter's jerseys would look odd without the number. Ideally the NRL numbers wouldn't have a transparent section for the inner keyline but it looks like they have done so to reduce the number of variations they have to make. Unfortunately we're probably stuck with those numbers for a while yet. Wish they went with a single keyline and a blockier font instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts