What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys

Robbie 12

Juniors
I think souths need a totally new style of jersey, like all black then on the sides have a look of a torn paper that exposes the red and green colours underneath

Pommy

Coach
Souths alternate jersey for 2018, a throwback to some old country tour design.

Attachments

• 5E13323E-306B-4EB2-A0A1-92EC0C90C02C.jpeg
    5E13323E-306B-4EB2-A0A1-92EC0C90C02C.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 9B6C2777-F93D-4486-BCD0-EDF5922BD4CB.jpeg
    9B6C2777-F93D-4486-BCD0-EDF5922BD4CB.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 10

callmack1

Staff member
Yea I don't mind the throwback at all, it looks nice and is a good nod to the old days.

I was actually just about to say that I don't think we're going to have an actual away jersey like in the past as you'd think it would've been released by now. We'll probably do what the likes of the Dragons and Sharks do - mostly wear the Home jersey at away games and wear this new Alternate one at a few away games throughout the year.

At least that's what I hope we do. I've always liked the white awy jersey but imo, it's a good move to do away with it and just wear the home jersey at away games.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I don't like it at all...

In fact I hate it.....

It's shocking.....

We look like bloody St Merge....

Whoever made that up should be sacked...

I think it just looks extremely silly. I don’t know if St George invented the V on the jersey but it’s one of the first things that comes to mind when I think of St George. I think it’d be ridiculous if St George had an alternate jersey that was red and white stripes as well.

If others like it though then that’s cool.

RAB-161

Juniors
I think it just looks extremely silly. I don’t know if St George invented the V on the jersey but it’s one of the first things that comes to mind when I think of St George. I think it’d be ridiculous if St George had an alternate jersey that was red and white stripes as well.

If others like it though then that’s cool.
St George Illawarra do have a striped jersey which they use occasionally which harks back to one that St.George used in the past. They refer to it as the "blood and bandages " jersey.
They have played the Charity Shield in it on occasion I think.

Souths wore a green jersey with red V for the 1945 and 1946 seasons from what I have read, and the red with green V for a tour in 1964..

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
St George Illawarra do have a striped jersey which they use occasionally which harks back to one that St.George used in the past. They refer to it as the "blood and bandages " jersey.
They have played the Charity Shield in it on occasion I think.

Souths wore a green jersey with red V for the 1945 and 1946 seasons from what I have read, and the red with green V for a tour in 1964..

I was looking at photos and St George had a striped jersey in 1941. But they at least tried to make the stripes different with the outlines of the stripes. We have just plopped a V on our jersey and called it a day. Just not a big fan. I’m glad we didn’t stay with it.

Pommy

Coach
I don't like it at all...

In fact I hate it.....

It's shocking.....

We look like bloody St Merge....

Whoever made that up should be sacked...

You don’t like the shirt, that’s fine but in true R20 style we get an over reaction.

Sack him!!!! Kick him to the curb!!!! I want his head on a pike outside Redfern oval!!

Pommy

Coach
1964 country tour jersey this is based on.

Attachments

• E1B768D3-5850-4CEC-A3C9-F3F7330B1946.jpeg
    E1B768D3-5850-4CEC-A3C9-F3F7330B1946.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 4

callmack1

Staff member
Actually looks like we will have a proper Away jersey this year.

Final designs with sponsors have been confirmed and it looks nice!

DVzqla5V4AAwL0A.jpg

Latest posts