What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 ladder predictions

without much thought

1. Roosters
2. Cowboys
3. Broncos
4. Raiders
5. Storm
6. Sea Eagles
7. Sharks
8. Panthers

9. Eels
10. Tigers
11. Knights
12. Dragons
13. Souths
14. Bulldogs
15. Warriors
16. Titans

ed-grimley

Bench
1. Cowboys
2. Broncos
3. Roosters
4. Storm
5. Souths
6. Cronulla
7. Parramatta
8. Canberra

As was the case this year, the bottom half of the 8 is completely up in the air, both in terms of which teams will be involved and where they'll finish. Melbourne will miss Cronk and Slater (?) but they still have the quality (and the dogshit tactics) to make it to the top 4 again. I think Souths will benefit from a change of coach but I think I am giving them a heap of credit initially putting them at 5th. They could just as easily finish 8th or 9th and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. That's how loose the competition really is outside of the top 4.

Parramatta's drop off? I think this year was their chance to make a big dent. So many close finishes flattered them in 2017 and being sent packing in straight sets by the depleted Cows after so much hype surrounding them will cost them mentally. Canberra cannot possibly miss the 8 again with that squad. It is just unfathomable that they could, and if it looks like they will again by mid season, the media will be all over Stuart like a bad rash. He may even be odds on to be the first coach seen off in 2018 if they are struggling by Origin season, closely followed by Merge Mary and Kearney.
Interesting theories.
Where do Penrith fit in?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Interesting theories.
Where do Penrith fit in?

Not feeling Penrith. Moylan on the outer, Tamou massively overpriced and underperforming, Griffin is a spud of a coach. I guess they're one of the sides that would fall under what I mean when I say the bottom half of the 8 is completely up in the air. They'll be in the scrum for a spot no doubt, I just don't see them making it myself.

Not feeling Penrith. Moylan on the outer, Tamou massively overpriced and underperforming, Griffin is a spud of a coach. I guess they're one of the sides that would fall under what I mean when I say the bottom half of the 8 is completely up in the air. They'll be in the scrum for a spot no doubt, I just don't see them making it myself.

Yeah I think we need a full season from Moylan to be a shot. Our attack in the opposition 20 is still looking like an after thought and until we fix that we won't be doing much in finals.

firechild

First Grade
Rumours of Moylan to Manly. A spine of Turbo, Moylan, DCE and Korisau with Taufua back in to replace Wright would give Manly a pretty good crack.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Don't think I've ever even come close to getting one of these right, but here goes.

1. North Queensland Cowboys
2. Sydney Roosters
3. Penrith Panthers
4. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
5. New Zealand Warriors
6. Parramatta Eels
7. St George Illawarra Dragons
8. Brisbane Broncos

9. Melbourne Storm
10. Newcastle Knights
12. Canberra Raiders
13. Wests Tigers
14. Gold Coast Titans
15. South Sydney
16. Canturbry Bankstown Bulldogs
Counting to 16 is difficult.

mozza91

Coach
1-Knights
2-Cowboys
3-Eels
4-Warriors
5-Panthers
6-Raiders
7-Titans
8-Bulldogs

9-Tigers
10-Dragons
11-Roosters
12-Sharks
13-Souths
14-Storm
15-Broncos
16-Manly.

Pedge1971

First Grade
1-Knights
2-Cowboys
3-Eels
4-Warriors
5-Panthers
6-Raiders
7-Titans
8-Bulldogs

9-Tigers
10-Dragons
11-Roosters
12-Sharks
13-Souths
14-Storm
15-Broncos
16-Manly.

Ha ha! No bias there.....

X2...

Actually no f**k that just Shield Winners and bottom 3. But would shuffle a bit in between.

Someguy

First Grade
I will have a stab at this

Roosters
Storm
Cowboys
Dragons
Sharks
Eels
Manly
Broncos

Warriors
Panthers
Raiders
Rabbits
Bulldogs
Knights
Tigers
Titans

all of my bottom 8 (except bulldogs and knights)I consider a chance of making the 8 but they would need a good run of injury free football and for their inconsistent players to go on a run of form.

Out of my top 8 I feel broncos could struggle with a few injuries to forwards also halves combination doesn't work imo. Parra is a big question mark without radradra, French is a great finisher but just doesn't make something out of nothing like semi can.

oval

Juniors
Don't think I've ever even come close to getting one of these right, but here goes.

1. North Queensland Cowboys
2. Sydney Roosters
3. Penrith Panthers
4. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
5. New Zealand Warriors
6. Parramatta Eels
7. St George Illawarra Dragons
8. Brisbane Broncos

9. Melbourne Storm
10. Newcastle Knights
12. Canberra Raiders
13. Wests Tigers
14. Gold Coast Titans
15. South Sydney
16. Canturbry Bankstown Bulldogs

Manly number 11 then?

Shorty

Staff member
1-Knights
2-Cowboys
3-Eels
4-Warriors
5-Panthers
6-Raiders
7-Titans
8-Bulldogs

9-Tigers
10-Dragons
11-Roosters
12-Sharks
13-Souths
14-Storm
15-Broncos
16-Manly.
That top and bottom 4 is amazing! One day!

I will be both shocked and amazed if Souths make the top 8 next year.

I'm as one eyed as anyone and even I can't see how we finish higher than bottom four. If we have an absolute miracle run with injuries and an amazing draw I still have us outside the 8.

If we have anymore than one long term key injury next year we will get the spoon. We have a terrible roster and a rookie, unproven coach.