What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Membership Thread

Billythekid

First Grade
Fantastic storm numbers. It'll be interesting to see how that develops as the big 3 retire and our form potentially drops. Hopefully we can keep the high numbers.

Good stuff. Expecting a good jump for the knights next year, it's been a long time since I've felt so much positivity around the club. If they can push for the 8 or even make it I expect crowds and memberships to sky rocket. Exciting stuff.

Hopefully that reminds everyone how important Newcastle and the hunter is to rugby league.

Perth Red

Post Whore
800 memberships since pearce signed on thursday.

Does wining the comp the season before, or signing a big name, actually boost memberships the following year by much? I seem to remember the Titans and Warriors memberships did little off the back of big name signings?

carcharias

Immortal
Does wining the comp the season before, or signing a big name, actually boost memberships the following year by much? I seem to remember the Titans and Warriors memberships did little off the back of big name signings?

Signing a big name does.
Winning the comp probably does it too.

Perth Red

Post Whore
800 new members in the space of 4 days would indicate a boost would it not?

Depends on final figures, if they are new members rather than returning ones who were going to sign up anyway but got all motivated, then yes it does, maybe.

Haffa

So a jump of 800 members that isn't actually a jump in members.

Whats the point of even looking at numbers at this point in the year then?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Another update today matched to the same day last year. We've now fallen behind by a handful of memberships, although last year all 16 clubs were reporting by this time whereas we still have nothing from the Titans. So theoretically unless their tally is less than 1,000 we're still tracking ahead of 2017.

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 1.34.55 pm.png

M2D2

Bench
So you are a Storm Bandwagoner???

Figures.
Wow, you really are a merkin of a human, aren't you?
NH0zEjj.gif

taipan

Referee
The Dogs have not updated their 8,133 since approx 27/11
The Broncos their 23,033 since 2/12
The Warriors 5,144 since 21/11
Panthers 8,829 since 1/12
Titans still sunbaking or waiting for a buyer.
Think we're doing OK compared to 2017.Although some clubs' member section smust be smoking the funny stuff ,taking so long.

H.H

Juniors
In 2013 the Roosters jumped from 10 - 14,000 off the back of SBW (2011 and 2012 were awful seasons) and in 2014 jumped again to 17,000 after winning the comp.

So that's a yes.