What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Membership Thread

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I don’t think anyone could bag the clubs and players for the amount of work they do in the community. But I feel it doesn’t have the impact it should. Now all clubs have a membership person but do they travel with the playing group at all or stay shacked up in there office? I think It would be hugely beneficial if the memebership person had a mobile office and sign etc to promote memberships when ever possible. At open training sessions, school fetes, junior development competitions, on the road programs etc. I’m sure some might do this but it should be standard. I Hope with some targeted marketing the titans and nz can pick up a heap of members in the lead up to the start of the Comp.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don’t think anyone could bag the clubs and players for the amount of work they do in the community. But I feel it doesn’t have the impact it should. Now all clubs have a membership person but do they travel with the playing group at all or stay shacked up in there office? I think It would be hugely beneficial if the memebership person had a mobile office and sign etc to promote memberships when ever possible. At open training sessions, school fetes, junior development competitions, on the road programs etc. I’m sure some might do this but it should be standard. I Hope with some targeted marketing the titans and nz can pick up a heap of members in the lead up to the start of the Comp.

For the last few years the NRL has paid for two membership staff in each club.

Its quite surprising that I don't get emails from the NRL or clubs that have played in perth in recent years as I have bought tickets to every NRL event and would have thought that would have put me on marketing databases?

Stormwarrior82

Juniors

Its quite surprising that I don't get emails from the NRL or clubs that have played in perth in recent years as I have bought tickets to every NRL event and would have thought that would have put me on marketing databases?

Your no doubt on ticketeks marketing database. Maybe the Nrl needs to look at doing a deal with ticketeks databases or even better create there own ticketing system.

STORM.99/07

Bench

I rang chooks office last year to enquire about game in sadelaide and I have been unindated with chooks membership offers and chooks news. I told them I have signed up as a member and they were happy then I said with STORM.Haven`t recieved anything since. Everyone should sign up as a member of the team they support.

Stallion

First Grade
I rang chooks office last year to enquire about game in sadelaide and I have been unindated with chooks membership offers and chooks news. I told them I have signed up as a member and they were happy then I said with STORM.Haven`t recieved anything since. Everyone should sign up as a member of the team they support.

I did a while ago. But have stopped due to the draw not being user friendly for attending games. I have to travel 200kms to see a game so I prefer Saturday games. Not enough of them so I dont buy.

Clifferd

Coach
Parras growth is pretty impressive. Same with Melbourne and The riff

I’ll be surprised if most teams aren’t hitting 20k this time in 5 years

Headless Chook

Juniors
I did a while ago. But have stopped due to the draw not being user friendly for attending games. I have to travel 200kms to see a game so I prefer Saturday games. Not enough of them so I dont buy.
I live in Canberra and always sign up for the interstate membership when the Roosters play down here. I’d love to get to Sydney more often but it’s just not practical for me to justify shelling out for full membership.

Stallion

First Grade
I live in Canberra and always sign up for the interstate membership when the Roosters play down here. I’d love to get to Sydney more often but it’s just not practical for me to justify shelling out for full membership.

Yes. We dont get the interstate deal! Would help!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I get emails from probably 10 of the 16 clubs regularly. Perhaps they cleansed you off their database?

Billythekid

First Grade
Looks like we're a little further ahead of 2017 again. Around a 12K lead which is pretty awesome. I really think as we get new stadiums we're only going to see even more growth. The next few years should be great for league.

Parras growth is pretty impressive. Same with Melbourne and The riff

I’ll be surprised if most teams aren’t hitting 20k this time in 5 years

With the new stadium next year and Parra having such a strong team going forward I think their numbers will sky rocket next year.

Stallion

First Grade
Looks like we're a little further ahead of 2017 again. Around a 12K lead which is pretty awesome. I really think as we get new stadiums we're only going to see even more growth. The next few years should be great for league.

With the new stadium next year and Parra having such a strong team going forward I think their numbers will sky rocket next year.

The lower ticket price announcement would have helped!

Stallion

First Grade
How? If anything that is a reason not to become a ticketed member! Those discounts are on the gate prices, not membership price reductions.

It does help. Rugby league has a traditional walk up crowd in Australia. Its the neutral , non affiliated casual fans that are enticed by lower ticket prices. This ultimately grows the game without relying on existing fans. Existing fans may be aware of membership deals but I guarantee the casual, non alligned sports fan is not. Cheaper tickets grows the game to newer fans.

STORM.99/07

Bench
I know what you mean.I drive from sadelaide to Melbourne to watch Storm but only for Fri and Sat games.too hard for Thurs night and Sund arvo. But I still have my membership and have done from 99

Stallion

First Grade
I know what you mean.I drive from sadelaide to Melbourne to watch Storm but only for Fri and Sat games.too hard for Thurs night and Sund arvo. But I still have my membership and have done from 99

Good on you for keeping your membership . However as a Rooster fan Im a bit peeved off with some of the things they are doing. I dont like the fact they look like they have given up on developing their own local area and are opting for an easy out by throwing money at Central Coast juniors. And I cringe everytime they are referred to as the Sydney Roosters. I believe that a more accurate and just as easy pronoune name in East Sydney Roosters would work even better. Just my thoughts on my stance to not donate(be a member )to the club until I believe they are doing the right thing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good on you for keeping your membership . However as a Rooster fan Im a bit peeved off with some of the things they are doing. I dont like the fact they look like they have given up on developing their own local area and are opting for an easy out by throwing money at Central Coast juniors. And I cringe everytime they are referred to as the Sydney Roosters. I believe that a more accurate and just as easy pronoune name in East Sydney Roosters would work even better. Just my thoughts on my stance to not donate(be a member )to the club until I believe they are doing the right thing.

Loyal fan lol

Stallion

First Grade
Loyal fan lol

Still a fan champ. That's whom I barrack for. Just would like to have value in my membership and the club I support making the right decisions and having a more developmental (local) attitude. DON'T LIKE THIS RUNNING AWAY FROM LOCAL AREA CAPER!

Last edited: