What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NRL Fullbacks

Gareth67

First Grade
James Tedesco at 1 - followed by Slater - Valentine Holmes - Darius Boyd - Hayne - from there I would have Mr. Reliable Michael Gordon - Lachlan Coote - Tom Trbojevic and the rest to fight it out among themselves. Honourable mentions to the 2 up and comers of Kalyan Pong and our own Matt Duffy .

Frank Facer

First Grade
1 Slater
2 Teddy
3 Tom Turbo
Daylight to the rest

Boyd massively over rated again. I would take Ponga over Boyd right now. Dufty had comparable stats to Ponga in the 20's, so that bods well for his chances of succeeding. I think that both Dufty and Ponga will be much higher on the 2019 list of fullbacks next year.

Look at the above list of the top 16 fullbacks and think, that no other clubs wanted Dugan to be their fullback. lol None. lol

Life's Good

Coach
On their day I rate Slater, Tedesco & TomT as the gun FB’s.

Following those would be RTS, Boyd & Holmes(mainly because they are reliable IMO).

Ones to watch - Dufty(obvious reasons) & Edwards, who I really like the look of at Penrith.

I’m not sure Inglis should be that high & on principle I would have Gordon higher than Hayne.

CronullaSaint

Juniors
Good to see Matt at 16. In my experience over the years thing never pan out as predicted in the pre season. Go the Saints.

Carlton

Juniors
1 Slater
2 Teddy
3 Tom Turbo
Daylight to the rest

Boyd massively over rated again. I would take Ponga over Boyd right now. Dufty had comparable stats to Ponga in the 20's, so that bods well for his chances of succeeding. I think that both Dufty and Ponga will be much higher on the 2019 list of fullbacks next year.

Look at the above list of the top 16 fullbacks and think, that no other clubs wanted Dugan to be their fullback. lol None. lol

This article has nothing to do with the clubs and is purely a journalists beat up. Hayne and Inglis are not even the fullbacks for their clubs according to the news that's coming from Parra and South's and yet they are on the list.

You have made it abundantly clear you don't like Dugan and didn't appreciate the effort he put in match after match for a team that had no ticker. I can understànd why he signed with the Sharks unfortunately

Drag Queen

Bench
This article has nothing to do with the clubs and is purely a journalists beat up. Hayne and Inglis are not even the fullbacks for their clubs according to the news that's coming from Parra and South's and yet they are on the list.

You have made it abundantly clear you don't like Dugan and didn't appreciate the effort he put in match after match for a team that had no ticker. I can understànd why he signed with the Sharks unfortunately
It was in the news yesterday that Inglis was going to centre with Alex Johnson to FB. Not sure what position Hayne will slot into. Gutherson is apparently fighting fit, and there's also French vying for the No 1 spot.

Frank Facer

First Grade

I did not say that I did not appreciate the effort Dugan put in.

I just did not want Dugan at fullback for us and neither did any other NRL club. I have actually said that Dugan handicapped our attack, because he could not ball play, that he didn't have the blinding speed that I want in a fullback and that he does not score enough tries either. I also think he was taking up way too much salary cap space. I do think we will be better off without him.

watatank

Coach
It just goes to show the high expectations of the fullback position. Dufty is inexperienced so will obviously be down anyone's list but has a chance to prove himself and move up.

rasaint

Juniors
BTW guys I saw some video clip of Dragons up and comers which had those fast 20 metre back and forth sprints.

I saw Lomax going well but I’m sure it was that Marsters kid and frankly no one could go with him.

Have I got the wrong player . Marsters was saying he was a little overweight in the story but he was on his own in the sprints. Anyone seen much of him as he likes playing fullback

1 Slater
2 Teddy
3 Tom Turbo
Daylight to the rest

Dugan - first one picked and always at FB - McGregor golden boy...

BennyV

Referee
BTW guys I saw some video clip of Dragons up and comers which had those fast 20 metre back and forth sprints.

I saw Lomax going well but I’m sure it was that Marsters kid and frankly no one could go with him.

Have I got the wrong player . Marsters was saying he was a little overweight in the story but he was on his own in the sprints. Anyone seen much of him as he likes playing fullback
Nah, this season is all about the Lomax hype train. Like the 2017 Field hype train. Get on board.

BennyV

Referee
Some cray-cray ratings there. I'd put Turbo above Boyd TBH, I'd also have Wighton at 15, and Ponga (considering he's yet to play FG in th exposition) down much lower too. Edwards and Coot should both be bumped up.

Harsh but fair on Dufty.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Rasaint
Masters is quick.
He is a fare way from nrl level yet.
He needs to be fitter.
Being fulltime will help.
He's junior kiwi .
I say give a year to see how much he improves.
He can play fullback and winger.
He has size and pace.
But needs to lift his fitness and toughness imo.
But he could be a first grader in a few year time.
Be interesting to see how he goes

Changa

Juniors
Couldn't care less about one journo's opinion. When push came to shove, our fb ranked #16 here completely outplayed #3 ranking on this list at Wollongong last year- on his debut mind you.

Happy for our team to be written off both collectively and at an individual level, leading into the season.