What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbw

Bench
I guess only 1 guy from Guldford or Glebe Burwood was available, yet Wests with 1 win from 7 games has 3 players!

there are many players that made themselves unavailable and from experience some clubs make their players unavailable as well. In GB's case the number of players in their Massey team every week that are actually Newtown players and not GB players, I would not be surprised if that has a lot to do with it

Not a bad side but I can't see them beating a very strong Newcastle Side.

Disappointed not to see Jake Attard in the side. He is the best Hooker in the comp by far.

Broncos93

Juniors
Do the selectors just pencil Whiz into the side every year? Great player but he's past his best and hardly setting the world alight there at the bottom of the table.

Interesting to note the coach popping his own son in too.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Whiz?

Not everyone in here is down with nicknames

Hasko86

Juniors
Not a bad side but I can't see them beating a very strong Newcastle Side.

Disappointed not to see Jake Attard in the side. He is the best Hooker in the comp by far.

We're all entitled to an opinion but to say Attard is the best hooker in the comp and by far is laughable. Glad it wasn't up to you to select the team or we'd have Shane Miller captaining the side...

rightleftin

Juniors
Do the selectors just pencil Whiz into the side every year? Great player but he's past his best and hardly setting the world alight there at the bottom of the table.

Interesting to note the coach popping his own son in too.

And the assistant coach picking his brother.

Pantherman72

Juniors
If there was no points system then Blake Cook wouldn't even be in Wentworthvilles top 17 players so how does he make a rep team. Shane Kiel wouldn't be in the top 50 backs in the competition. There have been 10 better backs play for Glebe this year alone.

We're all entitled to an opinion but to say Attard is the best hooker in the comp and by far is laughable. Glad it wasn't up to you to select the team or we'd have Shane Miller captaining the side...
Shane Miller wouldnt make an A-Grade rep side. To say I would select him in any side is laughable

Broncos93

Juniors
If there was no points system then Blake Cook wouldn't even be in Wentworthvilles top 17 players so how does he make a rep team. Shane Kiel wouldn't be in the top 50 backs in the competition. There have been 10 better backs play for Glebe this year alone.
Yep Shane Kiel was another head scratcher.

Best side available? Please.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Yep Shane Kiel was another head scratcher.

Best side available? Please.
If Jason Thompson can make it then surely Don Thompson should be fullback and Omar S centres before Kiel? Has Rhys Davies played a game as no 7 for Wenty all year?
Pretty sure clubs would have just preferred to play each other all twice rather then have a week off for rubbish like this game.

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC up 12-10 at half time. In the last minute Innesio made a huge break, drew the fullback and passed to hooker Aldridge who was caught and his flick pass went to ground but a penalty against Newcastle resulted in a penalty goal. RMC also dropped the ball over the line earlier. Cant afford these mistakes if they are going to win.

imgunawin72

Juniors
RMC up 12-10 at half time. In the last minute Innesio made a huge break, drew the fullback and passed to hooker Aldridge who was caught and his flick pass went to ground but a penalty against Newcastle resulted in a penalty goal. RMC also dropped the ball over the line earlier. Cant afford these mistakes if they are going to win.
Final score?
And what for it’s worth I think Jason Thompson is under rated- tough defender who has a good offload from which donny Thompson has scored plenty of tries

kbw

Bench
Good news for the Massey side.

Donny wrote a letter to NSWRL a month or 2 again making himself unavailable.

As previously mentioned many players, either themselves or their club, were unavailable for selection.
Shane K may not be everyone's first choice and maybe not even close in some people's eyes but this is definitely a case of getting someone that was willing to play

Last edited:

kbw

Bench

I like watching Inno play hw gives it everything he has

Pantherman72

Juniors
If Jason Thompson can make it then surely Don Thompson should be fullback and Omar S centres before Kiel? Has Rhys Davies played a game as no 7 for Wenty all year?
Pretty sure clubs would have just preferred to play each other all twice rather then have a week off for rubbish like this game.
Not having a crack at Jason. Hes a very good player. Just thought Donny or another back would be better then Kiel with Omar S in the centres.

rightleftin

Juniors

I was thinking 20 rounds plus 2 byes but your right only 20 rounds INCLUDING 2 byes. That's a joke but I guess if you only have to win 5 out of 18 to be in the finals it doesn't matter if everyone has a balanced draw.

Newcastle is having a full round of games on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts