What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Offseason thread

nick87

Coach
9ers go and pay $30 mil over 4 years for Jerrick McKinnon.

I wanted to get him but didn't think it would cost that much.

Still, Kyle knows how to run an offense so we'll see what the numbers are. Overpay for now though.

That's the first misstep for the niners i think.
McKinnon is one of those guys i just dont see the fuss in... he can play a play or two but he's a bit time player, ideally used for like 5-10 snaps a game... i dont think you pay this much for him. But i suppose they have so much cap space it's kind of irrelevant

zombie jesus

Staff member
Do something, Steelers!

Mitchell and Gay cut but somehow JJ Wilcox is still employed at $3m+, I don't get it.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
That's the first misstep for the niners i think.
McKinnon is one of those guys i just dont see the fuss in... he can play a play or two but he's a bit time player, ideally used for like 5-10 snaps a game... i dont think you pay this much for him. But i suppose they have so much cap space it's kind of irrelevant

Happy enough after seeing the details (always the way isn't it?) It's essentially a one year deal as far as guaranteed money goes and they can afford to miss in 2018 on that. $12mil for the first year is a massive overpay, but it's not a long term hit if things don't work out.

Ignoring the cash, he's a great fit for how Kyle schemes offense. He was a very poor fit for how the Vikings do it. So I'm in wait-and-see mode on the production but am breathing a little easier that we won't be taking any mid to long term risks on him.

nick87

Coach
Do something, Steelers!

Mitchell and Gay cut but somehow JJ Wilcox is still employed at $3m+, I don't get it.

I have a feeling they're trying to maneuver for an Earl Thomas trade.
If i had to bet on it, i reckon Earl is a Steeler within the next few days

DC_fan

Coach
I have a feeling they're trying to maneuver for an Earl Thomas trade.
If i had to bet on it, i reckon Earl is a Steeler within the next few days

Maybe the Steelers should look at form Cardinal Tyrann Mathieu

zombie jesus

Staff member
Maybe the Steelers should look at form Cardinal Tyrann Mathieu
He's been mentioned, Mychal Kendricks also. They need something, can't hit all the needs just with draft picks.

That $15m Bell got would have been handy.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Siemian trade to the Vikings being finalised
Siemian to Vikes along with this years 7th round pick, for Vikings 5th round next year.

Not a bad deal, not a bad deal at all. Considering there is no chance we even have enough squad spots for the amount of picks we have this year.

Hopefully we just eat the cap hit of getting rid of Lynch (unlikely he is tradable) and we draft Baker. 7 broncos staff including Elway, Joseph, Musgrave and Kubiak attended the Sooners pro day today.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
He's been mentioned, Mychal Kendricks also. They need something, can't hit all the needs just with draft picks.

That $15m Bell got would have been handy.

Kendrick’s could be had pretty cheaply and would be an ideal fit, he’s not Shazier but he’s a Shazier lite
Very similar skill sets just not as good as Shazier at any of them

Tom155

Coach
Siemian to Vikes along with this years 7th round pick, for Vikings 5th round next year.

Not a bad deal, not a bad deal at all. Considering there is no chance we even have enough squad spots for the amount of picks we have this year.

Hopefully we just eat the cap hit of getting rid of Lynch (unlikely he is tradable) and we draft Baker. 7 broncos staff including Elway, Joseph, Musgrave and Kubiak attended the Sooners pro day today.
Yeah probably best we could have hoped for with that trade

They are also going to Rosen's pro day tomorrow, hopefully we end up with one of those 2

Dogs Of War

Coach

So I assume the Bills are really going to move up for a QB this year with McCarron being the bridge QB. Maybe move up to the Browns pick at 4? I'm sure the Browns wouldn't mind moving down to 12 if they could get a 1st round pick for next season as well.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
So I assume the Bills are really going to move up for a QB this year with McCarron being the bridge QB. Maybe move up to the Browns pick at 4? I'm sure the Browns wouldn't mind moving down to 12 if they could get a 1st round pick for next season as well.
I’d run with AJ, kid has the talent to play in this league, with a decentish team around him he has a good opportunity

Dogs Of War

Coach
I’d run with AJ, kid has the talent to play in this league, with a decentish team around him he has a good opportunity

AJ has a lot to of work to do. He was making a lot of mistakes in the run with the Bengals which will get better with time, but if he has a RD 1 pick QB in the wings, he isn't going to get a lot of latitude to make those unless the understudy is really stinking up the joint.

DC_fan

Coach
:joy::joy:

I bet you cowboy fans are hoping they go after honey badger... you guys are banging the door down for Jerry to go get Earl Thomas.

It’s all about money. Some rather stupidly large amounts of money have thrown around already

Latest posts