What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin I - QLD 12-22 NSW @ MCG

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moffla

Bench
No Smith, no Cronk, no JT...there is really no more excuses for NSW.
We’ve been in so many commanding positions throughout the years only to lose games on the back of the experience and composure those three have shown. The time is now, surely.

Haffa

Not at all. Graham's stupidity was a huge factor in nsw throwing away game 2 last year. Peachey is just as versatile but quicker and more dangerous in attack.
I'd say Jurbo is the Graham replacement (even though he is an auto pick) and for me anyway he is the better player. If he doesn't start he could be the destroyer who comes on after 25 minutes offering more skill as a ball player and he will probably play out the game from there.

mxlegend99

Referee
If NSW don't win this game and don't go on and win the series it will be the most epic fail in rugby league history.
If the side sith 11 rookies dont win it's an epic fail? Disagree.

Our side is better on pqper. But so many guys who have never played Origin and never played together is not exactly a sure thing to win.

We have no way of knowing how anyone will perform except a handful of players.

Clifferd

Coach
NSW side is extremely inexperienced mixed in with perenerial failures at this level.

Yes the youth NSW have bought in are top line players but we should know by now talent isn’t the main factor at origin level

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me to see qld get up again. But we have the more inform players as it stands on paper

NSW side is extremely inexperienced mixed in with perenerial failures at this level.

Yes the youth NSW have bought in are top line players but we should know by now talent isn’t the main factor at origin level

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me to see qld get up again. But we have the more inform players as it stands on paper

How often does experience and defence win origin games

QLD win on both fronts here

Lebbo73

Bench
This is going to be closer than a lot of people think. Don't get to cocky qld still has a very good side. Where i think each team bests the other.

Nsw: starting pack and bench, speed, youth and point scoring ability.

Qld: back line, defence, experience and passion.

The Spine of each team for me is neither here nore there, pretty even for both sides.

I still think this is going to go right down to the wire.

Just ask yourself one question, which qualities in a side would you rather or do you think is more important. If you can answer that question you know who will win.
NSW has one massive advantage this series. Their spine should be able to control a game better than us. NSW kicking game alone should amount to a massive advantage when it comes to field position.

Tommy Smith

Referee

A bit harsh on Maloney. Sure as one of the halves he carries huge responsibility but in his defence he's been coming up against an all time great team led by three future Immortals - two of whom have now retired.

But now for the first time since 2005 NSW have the better spine imo. So that's where the big power shift will be seen.

King hit

Coach
Maloney has won 2 grand finals, took the Warriors to the Grand Final, has won man of the match in Origin and should’ve won the CCM in 2013. That big game experience and success will be massive for the Blues.

mxlegend99

Referee
A bit harsh on Maloney. Sure as one of the halves he carries huge responsibility but in his defence he's been coming up against an all time great team led by three future Immortals - two of whom have now retired.

But now for the first time since 2005 NSW have the better spine imo. So that's where the big power shift will be seen.
Not his fault he was stuck with Pearce for 2 of his 3 series. Andrew Johns would have a f**ked record with him too. Nobody is good enough to overcome that handicap

mxlegend99

Referee
Maloney has won 2 grand finals, took the Warriors to the Grand Final, has won man of the match in Origin and should’ve won the CCM in 2013. That big game experience and success will be massive for the Blues.
His crowning achievement is managing to win 2 Origin matches with Pearce as his partner. To be fair Pearce was injured extremely early in one of those wins though.

Carried him to a grand final win aswell. What a f**king stud. Won grand finals with Townsend and Pearce as his partner.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Not his fault he was stuck with Pearce for 2 of his 3 series. Andrew Johns would have a f**ked record with him too. Nobody is good enough to overcome that handicap
Lol Joey the GoaT?

Who took Sean Rudder to a Premiership...

Who bitch slapped Locky JT and Smith in 2005 whilst making Anasta look great at 5/8?

No, just no... don't go there. Sacrilegious.

Pearce is a good player who would have been elevated above and beyond because that's what the GoaT did time and again.

Tommy Smith

Referee
His crowning achievement is managing to win 2 Origin matches with Pearce as his partner. To be fair Pearce was injured extremely early in one of those wins though.

Carried him to a grand final win aswell. What a f**king stud. Won grand finals with Townsend and Pearce as his partner.
All that and yet weren't you initially gutted when Gus traded the show pony for Maloney?

King hit

Coach
Yes but something that will help them is that Fittler has had years working with the NSW development and under 18’s side so he would know all about their mental strength and whether or not they will be able to step up to this level. And it’s not like the debutants have bugger all experience.

If NSW don't do a Manly 08 finals run then origin is dead and buried

They need to absolutely obliterate the inbreds to shake the concept back to life

Anything lesser is manifestly unacceptable

They have 2 gimp halves ffs and old man winter at FB, they have a wife bashing cat as captain,a shining beacon of shit that bloke is

If I recall correctly the for and against for that golden run was 112ish for to 4 against

I demand inbred tears

Tommy Smith

Referee
Until I saw him with a decent halves partner I didn't appreciate how good he was.
You didn't watch season 2013? He was the best half or 5/8 in the comp and was easily best on ground in the GF.

Or 2016 where he won a comp with Chad Townsend?

Also Cleary has missed most of the season.

You're failing miserably right now :D

Also Pearce is a very good 1st grade halfback. Only the lowest of trolls would say otherwise.

Latest posts