What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin II - NSW 18-14 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
I guess in these times you have to take whatever employment is on offer but at least you’ll be under cover. Remember, when it comes to serving others their party pies, sausage rolls etc. to hand them a napkin. It goes a long way to delivering great customer service.
Turning on the tap,and hand ppl a towel after they've had a shit,a-la fancy Asian hotels/restaurants.

TheFrog

Coach
Can't remember if the TAB were betting on games when he was reffing. He was one of a kind. Worse than the English refs on the Kangaroo tour warm up matches.
Not as bad as the French ref in the 1991 World Club Challenge. Wigan led 8-0 in as many minutes on penalty goals.

GongPanther

Referee
That’s a great response from a person who has worked in that area of employment. But the truth is I’m in these corporate areas for the free stuff mate. Every year I get the V8’s, Formula One’s, Cricket etc etc. All corporate events, I knock a lot back to family commitments as well. Not to mention the yearly trip to Lizard Island, I caught a 800pnd marlin last season, My dads mate got a 1200. Pfft go back to your day job working bars lol.
You come off all Harris Tweed like,with elbow patches whilst carrying a David Jones shopping bag.

Should call you Hyacinth Bucket from Keeping up Appearances

TheFrog

Coach
We’ll obviously tighten the middle third up to make the blues go wide.

Not allowing Tedesco to waltz through your middle defence does sound like a good plan, especially considering teams well out of the 8 have managed it quite adequately all year, as long as you don't forget about the rest of the backline.

GongPanther

Referee
Not as bad as the French ref in the 1991 World Club Challenge. Wigan led 8-0 in as many minutes on penalty goals.
Was that Canberra V Wigan played the next year after winning the GF,or was it when they played two weeks after winning it? I think it must habe been the latter.

cain3y

Juniors
We'll see if the blues have learnt from over 10 years of either outright mediocrity or blatant choking in big moments. Slater, Munster and Ponga the dangermen for qld but still a lot of potential improvement in that NSW side. All or nothing for the home side, lose and it's yet another series thrown away.
You guys know all about choking.

cain3y

Juniors
That’s a great response from a person who has worked in that area of employment. But the truth is I’m in these corporate areas for the free stuff mate. Every year I get the V8’s, Formula One’s, Cricket etc etc. All corporate events, I knock a lot back to family commitments as well. Not to mention the yearly trip to Lizard Island, I caught a 800pnd marlin last season, My dads mate got a 1200. Pfft go back to your day job working bars lol.
Shouldn't you be at the world cup then?

The v8s

Maaaaaatttteeeee

Living the corporate high life haha

Good one Champ

Lebbo73

Bench
It’s just a bit of sledging mate. I wouldn’t take it to heart. If you’re telling the truth, this shouldn’t worry you. I actually thought it was quite witty from a pleb like LG.

TheFrog

Coach
Freddy setting himself up for a serious kicking with all this barefoot training absorbing the minerals from the ground shite.

GongPanther

Referee

Silent Knight

First Grade

Cool story Phil, maybe this time you'll lay off the booze and refrain from abusing the refs on Twitter? Losing that Telstra business award must have been a kick in the guts but at least Quirkey stuck up for you aye shagger.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Freddy setting himself up for a serious kicking with all this barefoot training absorbing the minerals from the ground shite.
He was probably starved of a nutritious diet growing up out West - where dinner was probably a dollop of Vegemite on two slices of wonder white - so perhaps he's just over compensating.

skeepe

Immortal
So Ashley Klein is rewarded for his monumental f**k up in the bunker on the weekend with the whistle for Origin.

There is ZERO accountability in the referee ranks. Klein has been neck and neck with Perenara for worst referee all year.

The mind boggles.

Latest posts