What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin III - QLD 18-12 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beave

Coach
Wonder if the QLD fans will still boo Cherry Evans

Everybody wins with this DCE selection. His call up shuts the traps of some of the media who push for the beady eyed little f**k constantly. And when we get our asses handed to us in game 3, we just say ‘see, told you DCE is shit!!’

We win both ways see.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Odd decision to drop Prior (a prop) for Sims (a backrower) after giving the former just 33 minutes in his debut. I can just see Walters planning his strategy of dominating this match in the middle third right now.

typicalfan

Coach
Prior did his job and helped us win the series. Now is a good time to give Vaughan an opportunity to see what he can do in a hostile atmosphere rather than waiting until it’s a live series again. If Vaughan plays well it will give RCG more competition to hold his position and a reason to not start slacking off.

typicalfan

Coach
Everybody wins with this DCE selection. His call up shuts the traps of some of the media who push for the beady eyed little f**k constantly. And when we get our asses handed to us in game 3, we just say ‘see, told you DCE is shit!!’

We win both ways see.
What if he wins the game for you

TheFrog

Coach
Prior did his job and helped us win the series. Now is a good time to give Vaughan an opportunity to see what he can do in a hostile atmosphere rather than waiting until it’s a live series again. If Vaughan plays well it will give RCG more competition to hold his position and a reason to not start slacking off.
Who gets picked in the front row next year is the least of our problems at present. What is much more pressing is that he's picked a bench of Jake T, two second rowers and a utility. Is seems inevitable that wide forwards are going to be used in the middle, either side of half time. This is taking a risk that didn't need to be taken. Fittler must have wanted to reward Sims for something or other, but the Maroons have been gifted an opportunity I fear.

OldPanther

Coach
Who gets picked in the front row next year is the least of our problems at present. What is much more pressing is that he's picked a bench of Jake T, two second rowers and a utility. Is seems inevitable that wide forwards are going to be used in the middle, either side of half time. This is taking a risk that didn't need to be taken. Fittler must have wanted to reward Sims for something or other, but the Maroons have been gifted an opportunity I fear.

I think Fittler wants the more mobile second rowers for their defence.

big hit!

Bench

We win both ways see.

with the rest of that dog shit QLD team around him, it's pretty hard to lay all the blame of a loss on DCE, unless he has some massive brain explosion.

Don't envy him really. Picked for a high level game where the opposition has a settled spine and a bloke that has already directed his team around successfully in two matches. Cherry has to form a new spine combo and direct a bunch of other spuds around with just 4 or 5 sessions in prep.

Maybe QLD are setting him up to fail and they'll start a new era next season with Taylor at HB and Ponga at FB. Need to find a young #9 somewhere though, because McCulloch isn't taking QLD anywhere.

big hit!

Bench
NSW's game plan is simple. Run down Gagai's edge. Rinse...repeat...Blueswash.

which edge is that?

Gagai has exclusively been a right-sided player which means Chambers switching to the left (already done this when O'Neil was in the team and represent AUS on the left too while Dugan & Fergo have been on the right) and so Mitchell could be running over a Dane 'speed hump' Gagai all match.

I could expect Holmes to swap sides too to accommodate Oates on the left wing.

Oates - Chambers - Munster - Cooper <-------------------> Kaufusi - DCE - Gagai - Holmes

That right edge is in for a hell of a night, LOL!

King hit

Coach
QLD picking Corey Oates already is an improvement on their team as he has been devastating for the Broncos and they need all the meters they can get with their forwards being outplayed. Starting Papalli is also the right move as he has been very good of the bench for the Maroons.

Even though I do have a feeling that Queensland will snag a win to send Slater out a winner a 3-0 whitewash is on the cards. The Maroons have totally reshuffled their spine with DCE coming in and he has been useless in representative footy. Mitchell will have a total field day against Chambers and the Blues are much better settled and have prepared far better in comparison with Queensland and the Maroons have now got their best player and captain out of the game.

typicalfan

Coach
I think Crichton will replace Frizell on the edge and Frizell will move to the middle in his second stint. Peachey will probably get more minutes this game too around 20-30 mins would be good

Latest posts