What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Pacific Test Invitational - Sat 23 June @ Campbelltown - SAM v TON / lebanese v PNG(???)

siv

First Grade
I have no problem with that if it happens. If Australia A are active each year on rep weekend against Pacific or even France then that is a good thing for the game. Even though it is not a full international, it is an indication that Australia want to be involved and provides quality opposition for whoever they play.

If you going to Australia XIII in this manner - it would be better to go back to playing CvC

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
If you going to Australia XIII in this manner - it would be better to go back to playing CvC

I don't think they should become a team playing in tournaments etc. but if, for example we had a situation where the rumoured Confederations Cup was being played:

Australia (APRLF)
NZ (APRLF)
Tonga (APRLF)
Eng (RLEF)
France (RLEF)
Wales (RLEF)
USA (Americas)
Lebanon (Africa / Middle East)

and say Fiji organised a series against PNG to fit some tests in, it would be perfect to send Australia A to Samoa so that they get to play quality opposition rather than not at all. Of course, if there is a competitive option amongst the test nations that Samoa would like to play then that would take precedence.

Billythekid

First Grade
I don't want to be too negative because it's great to see more international league being played. I'm not sure a triple header at Campbelltown stadium is anywhere close to the ideal solution though. I'm not really a fan of that concept.

roughyedspud

Coach
I don't think they should become a team playing in tournaments etc. but if, for example we had a situation where the rumoured Confederations Cup was being played:

Australia (APRLF)
NZ (APRLF)
Tonga (APRLF)
Eng (RLEF)
France (RLEF)
Wales (RLEF)
USA (Americas)
Lebanon (Africa / Middle East)

and say Fiji organised a series against PNG to fit some tests in, it would be perfect to send Australia A to Samoa so that they get to play quality opposition rather than not at all. Of course, if there is a competitive option amongst the test nations that Samoa would like to play then that would take precedence.

I fear the Confederation cup has died..it appears the RLIF have been talked into having a world 9s instead of a confed cup

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I fear the Confederation cup has died..it appears the RLIF have been talked into having a world 9s instead of a confed cup

That's a shame, hopefully not - tha last I heard was that it woudl start from 2023- but surely if it has died the Four Nations must return at least!

Latest posts