What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Pacific Tests ....Are they scheduled to return ?

Clarkent

Juniors
I thought about this but I figured:

Tonga v Samoa at Mt Smart (with no World Cup hype and possibly no JT and Fifita) 12 - 15K
New Zealand v England at just about any venue in NZ 15 - 20k

If you rent one stadium instead of two you will save on costs and Eden Park will add 5K on it's own as it would feel more like an event game. Add in some marketing and we could sell it out, if not get into the hight 40 thousands. Split the profits four ways. I think this would maximise revenue for all.
I really don't see the kiwis taking the Tongan boys back as long as kidwell is the coach lol but who knows well find out next year but it's gonna be interesting... The day international rugby comes alive is when all players are paid the same... You'll see the kiwis lose alot more then just tongan players lol

roughyedspud

Coach
If anything the Samoa vs Tonga game should be the main event if there was a double header... That stadium will be mostly filled with Tongans and samoans...

Exactly..I wanna see 30,000 red & blue fans screaming at everything! It needs to be a stand alone test..I reckon Tonga v Samoa would go close to selling out Eden park on their own!

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Exactly..I wanna see 30,000 red & blue fans screaming at everything! It needs to be a stand alone test..I reckon Tonga v Samoa would go close to selling out Eden park on their own!

They only sold 18k at a world cup. If it's Eden Park it has to be a double header England v NZ would bring the crowd up to about 40 - 45k and the atmosphere would be amazing

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
Nah I reckon Tonga v Samoa can easily sell out mt smart on their own! That's why I said 30,000

Brother i reckon they could sell out Eden park. The Eden has had connection to pacific football in for a long time. Like lang park is to origin.

Eden park is the dream of any polynesian kid to main event.

I like Steve Mascords idea of a pacific origin series.

Just NZ, Tonga & Samoa.

Those three can make a financially viable competition in New Zealand, good crowds & presumably a good tv revenue source for NZRL.

You could run another competition between PNG, Fiji & maybe Cook Islands? Although this wouldn’t generate the same money.

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
I like Steve Mascords idea of a pacific origin series.

Just NZ, Tonga & Samoa.

Those three can make a financially viable competition in New Zealand, good crowds & presumably a good tv revenue source for NZRL.

You could run another competition between PNG, Fiji & maybe Cook Islands? Although this wouldn’t generate the same money.

The history between the three polynesian nations is like that of the celtic nations. Thats why it means more to the fans.

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
Their is a whole Samoan team missing that could have competed. Oh well we never seem to peak in cup year. Moga and Sione-Matautia was a loss. Big Sam Kasiano is our boss. Tyrone May and Anthony Milford combination is what i was salivating for. Also Auvaa who was in form at Parra. But the big blow was Denny Solomona choosing Union how i died inside.

Clarkent

Juniors
Their is a whole Samoan team missing that could have competed. Oh well we never seem to peak in cup year. Moga and Sione-Matautia was a loss. Big Sam Kasiano is our boss. Tyrone May and Anthony Milford combination is what i was salivating for. Also Auvaa who was in form at Parra. But the big blow was Denny Solomona choosing Union how i died inside.
Exactly bro... The Milford and Tyrone may combination would've given the kiwis a few problems... Soliola is another big loss... I have been disappointed with papaliis performance this world cup... I went to the tongan game and he looked tired and unfit... No wonder why Josh McGuire got picked over him... Just wished we had the samoan team that faced England this year.... They would've been better after every game

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
Enough said on papalii they are using samoa as a holiday. Their are kids in toa who want to learn but the older heads seem lack of anything to lead. Its one of my big problem of the older heads coming back to Toa washed up and not legitimately dying for the jumper like he would if he donned a maroon jumper. Pritchard is also past by his use by date and should be more a support staff. But like you said Sia soliola was the huge loss his work ethic and expectations bring us up to first tier.

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
Mcguire was the glue in that forwar pack with soliola rounded of with tagataese in the engine room. Isaac Liu and Marty Taupau you one eye traitors using our royal jumper like trial feeders I'll never forgive you. Thank god that you got your due against Tonga. I never want to see you fellas in the jumper again.

roughyedspud

Coach
Anyone see Steve mascords tweet a few hours ago?

He basically said that the kiwis have been looking for a "origin concept" for 20 years...here it is! Tonga v Samoa mid season,in nz,winner plays NZ at the end of the year...the NZRL are the promoter!,pays the players,keeps the profits,end of financial woes!

Wtf has it got to do with the NZRL? What a bellend

flamin

Juniors
Received an email last night for an early members buying window to the 2018 Pacific Test on Saturday 23 June at Campbelltown Stadium. Tonga v Samoa is the only confirmed matchup.

Burns

First Grade
Received an email last night for an early members buying window to the 2018 Pacific Test on Saturday 23 June at Campbelltown Stadium. Tonga v Samoa is the only confirmed matchup.
Did it say if other games would be played?

Campbelltown is such a disappointing venue.

Latest posts