What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Pre-Season & Trials

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I suppose this season they'll justify it with the fact they take games elsewhere during season proper

tumbidragon

First Grade
Tomorrow Melbourne and Newcastle will be playing a 'closed-doors trial' at AAMI park. Just, wondering why shut out fans from attending a trial match?

"A host of internationals from both premiers Melbourne and rejuvenated Newcastle will belatedly kick off the rugby league season in near anonymity with a rare closed-doors trial, which the Storm have promised to take seriously before their World Club Challenge assault."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-start-in-near-anonymity-20180203-h0t40q.html

tumbidragon

First Grade
Can't see it in the guide. Also looking at both clubs sites, doesn't seem to be a stream neither.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Tomorrow Melbourne and Newcastle will be playing a 'closed-doors trial' at AAMI park. Just, wondering why shut out fans from attending a trial match?
because both teams will be playing nude*

*well, melbourne in purple body glitter paint & newcastle in red glitter paint, but technically nude..

The_Shield

Juniors
Final

Newcastle 26, Melbourne 22.

Great early confidence boost for the Knights.
Yeah Knights scored in the last minute of the game to win it. Apparently Mitchell Pearce played well and set up two tries. I don’t know how strong either sides lineups were but I know Melbourne left a few players out.

King hit

Coach
Hope it’s a sign of better things for the Knights regardless of how strong the Melbourne team was. Sounds like Pearce made an impression.