What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Predictions

Joel-22

Juniors
There's so many contentious issues regarding the 2018 team. I thought it might be cool for us to put our money where our mouth is and write down a few of our predictions now and look back on it at season's end.

Strongest Line-Up
1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.New Signing
4.Tautau Moga
5.Shaun Kenny Dowell
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.Herman Ese'ese
11.Sione Mata'utia (c)
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
15.Jacob Lillyman
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Jamie Buhrer

Finish: 8th
Top Tryscorer: Nathan Ross
Player of the Year: Aiden Guerra
Most Improved: Jacob Saifiti

Glendale

Juniors
Maybe a bit early for this thread, btIll have a go anyway.

I reckon your lineup is pretty much spot on.

Finish- 10th
Top Tryscorer- Nathan Ross
Buy of the Year- Kalyn Ponga- this will be very hotly contested though.
Player of the Year- Daniel Saifiti
Most Improved- Sione or Jacob Saifiti

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
We need a season to gel.

7 game losing streak to open the season. We will all call for browns head.

We will finish 14th with a solid finish to the year with 7 wins.

Old dog

Juniors
Taking the draw and our inexperience and lack of combinations with new players am predicting that we will be in wooden spoon possibility for first 8-10 games and then due to experience and combinations we will claw our way up to 12-14 securing 8 plus wins. Will not be clear of spoon until last 3-4 games, sorry but that's it.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Taking the draw and our inexperience and lack of combinations with new players am predicting that we will be in wooden spoon possibility for first 8-10 games and then due to experience and combinations we will claw our way up to 12-14 securing 8 plus wins. Will not be clear of spoon until last 3-4 games, sorry but that's it.

I think the first few games will determine a lot. I would like to think this squad can get to 10th but understand your concerns.

I do believe we are on the right path to another successful era.

Old dog

Juniors
Agree we are on right path, new signings are very good, just worried that expectations are a bit high, every club expects to go better next season especially bottom 5-6, we might improve but so might they

Gravy

Juniors
I'm going to put us down for 9 wins and finish 11-12th.

We have an awful start to the season playing a lot of highly fancied teams and away games. I can only see us picking up 3 wins in the first 12 games.

Its during the origin period we can pick up a few wins. Playing Eels and Roosters either side origin 1, Storm and Dogs either side origin 2 and Eels again after origin 3. Most of them should contribute a few origin players and with a 5 home game streak, I think we can pick up another 3 wins out of 5 games.

We can pick up another 3 wins on the home stretch with a couple easier teams and old boys day to finish it off.

Most improved or player of the year could almost be any player in the team but I'm going to put Levi, Lamb and Sione down for big seasons. Levi is set to step up and show us what he's got. Throw Pythian in as a wildcard too if he can get fit and playing to his best again.

Watson and Ponga will also add another 10 dimensions to our attack and become serious strike weapons, linking up and feeding plenty of tries to Ross and SKD.

Last edited:

Dave_

Juniors
If we sign another good prop and center before the season starts, I'm tipping we'll finish 4th and go on to win the comp.

Entire spine to have a cracker year. Our props to be best in comp.

Brock Lamb for CCM. Ross to score 25 tries. Our playing style will be very attack focused.

Pedge1971

First Grade
If we sign another good prop and center before the season starts, I'm tipping we'll finish 4th and go on to win the comp.

Brock Lamb for CCM. Ross to score 25 tries. Our playing style will be very attack focused.

Love your work. Top 12 is a good season. You get us beyond that I am stoked...

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors

Would be the youngest spine in rugby leagu history to win the comp. A near impossible task. Nice to dream though

mozza91

Coach
Sione to be one of our best week in and week out but still get labeled as shit.

Buhrer to make tackles and offer little in attack and be labeled a champion.

If it's a "better" year I'll be happy.
The refs will treat us better and we'll learn not to mess things up at critical times.
Top 12 finish. 11th.

Latest posts