What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R1 Fri - Cowboys 20-14 Sharks @ 1300SMILES

Round 1: Cowboys v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 1
North Queensland Cowboys v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville (TICKETS)
Friday 9 March 2018

Times AEST (QLD local)

Gates 4:20pm / TDRL 4:30pm / NRL 6:50pm

TL-NQL18.png

1. Ben Hampton 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Javid Bowen 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Michael Morgan 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Matthew Scott 9. Jake Granville 10. Jordan McLean 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Te Maire Martin 15. Coen Hess 16. Scott Bolton 17. John Asiata 18. Corey Jensen 19. Kyle Laybutt 20. Francis Molo 21. Enari Tuala

TL-CRO18.png

1. Valentine Holmes 2. Sosaia Feki 3. Josh Dugan 4. Ricky Leutele 5. Sione Katoa 6. Matt Moylan 7. Chad Townsend 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Matt Prior 11. Luke Lewis 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen
Interchange: 14. Jayson Bukuya 15. James Segeyaro 16. Ava Seumanufagai 17. Joseph Paulo 18. Kurt Capewell 19. Kurt Dillon 20. Aaron Gray 21. Trent Hodkinson

REF-RED-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Belinda Sleeman
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Feeder club fixtures
Cowboys (times QLD local)
Saturday | Pride (NQL) v Wynnum (BRI) @ Barlow Park, ISC 6pm / Colts 4pm
Saturday | Mackay (NQL) v Townsville (NQL) @ Stadium Mackay, ISC 6pm / Colts 4pm

Sharks
Saturday | Wyong (SYD) v Newtown (CRO) @ Morry Breen Oval, ISP 4:30pm
Saturday | Cronulla v Roosters @ SC Group Stadium, Flegg 3:30pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

beave

Coach
Weather may be f**king horrendous for this game. Townsville has had about 60cm of rain over the laat 3 days. I still don’t know why the NRL schedule us at home for the first 3 weeks, I’ve only been banging on about for it 11 odd f**king years..... sigh.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Weather may be f**king horrendous for this game. Townsville has had about 60cm of rain over the laat 3 days. I still don’t know why the NRL schedule us at home for the first 3 weeks, I’ve only been banging on about for it 11 odd f**king years..... sigh.
Unless the ground is unavailable, it won't happen. Can't backload the draw with home games for you guys just because it's a bit wet sometimes at the start of the season

beave

Coach
Unless the ground is unavailable, it won't happen. Can't backload the draw with home games for you guys just because it's a bit wet sometimes at the start of the season

A bit wet? How’s about a bit cycloney? Or a bit dangerous? I love reading shit like that from people whom may have visited up there for a game during the dry season. Until you have lived up there for a decent period of time, I don’t think you can really grasp or understand just how dangerous it can be during that part of the year.....

they currently give teams 3 home games at times in a row, don’t give me that bullshit that they can’t back end the draw.

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade

Why can't ya?

There is no integrity or sensible structure to the draw to jeopardise. We have sides playing each other twice before round 8 for f**ks sake. I think we can avoid Townsville's cyclonic weather for the opening 3-4 weeks of the season.

Clifferd

Coach
Why can't ya?

There is no integrity or sensible structure to the draw to jeopardise. We have sides playing each other twice before round 8 for f**ks sake. I think we can avoid Townsville's cyclonic weather for the opening 3-4 weeks of the season.

Tigers play Melbourne in round 2 and 5 lol. Literally 3 weeks apart

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A bit wet? How’s about a bit cycloney? Or a bit dangerous? I love reading shit like that from people whom may have visited up there for a game during the dry season. Until you have lived up there for a decent period of time, I don’t think you can really grasp or understand just how dangerous it can be during that part of the year.....

they currently give teams 3 home games at times in a row, don’t give me that bullshit that they can’t back end the draw.
Yes it *can be* dangerous - doesn't mean you just avoid the area for the entire month.

If you go back and look over all the games played in March since the Cowboys came in I doubt you'll find more than a handful affected by a serious weather event.

AJB1102

First Grade
Tigers play Melbourne in round 2 and 5 lol. Literally 3 weeks apart

Yeah who wants to watch the same game 3 weeks apart?

I posted in the draw thread that Parra play 4 sides twice before round 10.

Sharks v Dragons derbies are all over and done with by round 7 lol