What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R1 Sun - Panthers 24-14 Eels @ Panthers

Round 1: Panthers v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pig Hunter

Juniors
Hayne-Fewest touches of the backs, most metres, zero errors, zero penalties conceded. "Lol it's all Hayne's fault"

Perhaps, if you watched the game, you would see that our bench forwards (minus Taka who played halves when he came on so hard to judge) made 11 runs for 91m, conceded 50% of our penalties, and made 20% of our errors. We got the bench wrong.

Daniel Alvaro, Tim Mannah, Nathan Brown and Tepai Moeroa all made more carries for more metres individually than our entire bench combined. Meanwhile RCG and Kikau blitzed it. That was the game at the end of the day.

Nah it’s Haynes fault as well.

Bazal

Post Whore
I didn't see this answered earlier actually.

When did they change the rule that the ball touching the ref is a scrum? With Norman being hit (legally, but hard enough to out him down) that moment was pretty big

Pig Hunter

Juniors
I didn't see this answered earlier actually.

When did they change the rule that the ball touching the ref is a scrum? With Norman being hit (legally, but hard enough to out him down) that moment was pretty big
In the off season.

GongPanther

Referee
Plenty listened, they started around $1.80. Fools and their money.
Wonder how many took my tip just before the kick-off that a plunge on the Panthers brought them in to $1.95?

And just think,next weeks match is Manly V Parra. The loser will go 0-2.

TheFrog

Coach
I think people love a scapegoat...certainly Eels fans do, although Hayne isn't due his turn just yet it seems
Well they looked short of a gallop once the initial fire went out. Conditioning staff perhaps?

Penrith could finish anywhere from 1 to 16 based on that
Hmmm, gave one of last year's top 4 a start and a hiding. Closer to the former than the latter you'd think, although it IS only round 1 and we can't be getting carried away.

Bazal

Post Whore
Well they looked short of a gallop once the initial fire went out. Conditioning staff perhaps?

Eels forums currently has Manu Ma'u and Kane Evans neck and neck for scapegoat, Suaia Matagi close behind and Corey Norman making a charge....

Realistically we looked short of a gallop because your bench pulverised ours. Evans was ok but Matagi and Scott were abysmal. Once the starters came back on we tightened up again.

Both sides looked like easy top 8 sides at times....the less said about the other times the better lol

mxlegend99

Referee
With sportsbet any head to head bet paid out for this game.

I had $20 in Eels after the trials matches. It paid out $44 once Eels led by 14 points.

TheFrog

Coach
With sportsbet any head to head bet paid out for this game.

I had $20 in Eels after the trials matches. It paid out $44 once Eels led by 14 points.

Bet 365 too. Obviously they have crunched the numbers on what percentage of games are won by teams that trail by 12+ and adjusted payouts accordingly. Given the Panthers track record of comebacks this year and last (and 2016 too), a gambling man might be tempted to back both sides in Penrith matches. But honestly, the only way to become a millionaire betting on sport is to be a billionaire to start with.