What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R10 Sat - Warriors 0-32 Roosters @ Mt Smart

Round 10: Warriors v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chook Norris

First Grade
I'll assume you are trolling - he has thrown it down into him very clearly. A genuine pass would never have gone near the player on the ground.
No. You're putting words into another person's mouth. No one has denied Latrell intentionally threw the ball at the player.

We're saying he did not know the player was injured within half the second he had to pass the ball.

I'm a player at dummy half and I see someone laying in the ruck. I milk it and pass the ball at him. I haven't had time to stop and analyse if he's injured or not. Unsportsmanlike - yes. Knowing he was actually injured - no.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Best game in ages from JWH but he had to spoil it by doing something silly in the last minute even if it was only minor and getting sin binned. Fergo and Manu were great and Latrell was a beast at times, great game overall from Keary too.Even though the Warriors were missing 2 key players it still was an impressive effort keeping them zero.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
This game needs to be referred to any time in future when Tommy Smith claims the Roosters get a raw deal because they lose penalty counts. FMD.

2 weeks

Coach
Warriors going from the penthouse to the shithouse in record time.
Not even waiting for the post Origin period this year.

Cockosh

Juniors
Most enjoyable win of the year although won’t get carried away considering Luke and Johnson were missing. 3 wins from last 4, just outside top 4 and can only improve. Hopefully they back it up next week.

This Year?

Immortal
Luke is to the Warriors what Smith is to the Storm. Having said that the Warriors should have had more to offer. The Roosters would be pleased they held their opposition to 0. It's really sad seeing the demise of the Warriors because they were a joy to watch before ANZAC day,

Meth

Staff member
Luke is to the Warriors what Smith is to the Storm. Having said that the Warriors should have had more to offer. The Roosters would be pleased they held their opposition to 0. It's really sad seeing the demise of the Warriors because they were a joy to watch before ANZAC day,

they aren't dead.

They're in 3rd spot

This Year?

Immortal
The sooner Luke is back the better it will be, Take half the 1st choice spine of any club and points dry up.

Tommy Smith

Referee
This game needs to be referred to any time in future when Tommy Smith claims the Roosters get a raw deal because they lose penalty counts. FMD.
Opinions are biased. Penalty counts aren't.

We monstered you in the ruck and still got flogged in the penalty count.

That's now W6 L46 away from Sydney since 2007.

Move along nothing to see there.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

lol wow.

You are honestly going to say you got unfavourable treatment from the referees.

That is extraordinary.

Tommy Smith

Referee
lol wow.

You are honestly going to say you got unfavourable treatment from the referees.

That is extraordinary.
@AlwaysGreen Figured you'd like my rant :D

You received 13 penalties and you're complaining?

You lost the ruck emphatically and still received 13 penalties.

That's some effort.

And I'm not saying we received unfavorable treatment today. We lost the count but history shows that the Roosters are $1.10 to lose the count out of town anyway.

So losing the count today was almost an automatic before the game started.

What I am saying is that the very fact that it is almost automatic over a 10 year period is evidence of unfavourable refereeing.

We haven't won a penalty count in NZ since 2006 and frankly I'd be shocked if we win one there in the next decade. It's just how the refs treat us out of town. Stats show it.

I mean God help us at Suncorp next week. We haven't won one there since 2005. So it's been over a decade since we've won one in Brissy or NZ! Nothing suspicious there.

So we've already lost the penalty count before a ball has been kicked. That's almost a $1.05 near certainty. The only question is by how many will the refs favour Brisbane. Even money would be a line of about 4.5.

Last edited:
I wonder if it’s permitted to deliberately shank the kick and score

No, it isn't. This is covered in Section 6 (Scoring - Tries and Goals) of the Law sof the Game, with a note on page 33 which states -

"It shall be misconduct for a player to pretend to kick at goal from a penalty kick and then deliberately kick it elsewhere. Such misconduct shall incur a penalty. Having informed the Referee of his intention to kick at goal from an awarded penalty kick the kicker shall not do otherwise."

If a player did what you suggest, it would result in a penalty to the non-kicking team. I've seen this rule used in a local A-Grade game. The kicker lined up to kick at goal, but insyead kicked it across field towards the corner for his winger to leap up and grab the ball to go over for a try. As the captain had told the referee they were kicking for goal, the try was disallowed and the team, who had kicked were penalised.

Valheru

Coach

Our coaching is to blame for that apparently