2018 R16 Fri - Warriors 15-18 Sharks @ Mt Smart

Discussion in 'Game Day Spoilers / Match Discussion' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Jun 24, 2018.

?

Round 16: Warriors v Sharks

Poll closed Jun 29, 2018.
  1. Warriors

72.7%
  2. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

27.3%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Meth

Meth Referee

could have done that round 20

carcharias likes this.
  2. Puntoue

Puntoue Juniors

Gotta be happy with an away win over the Warriors, no matter how you come by it.

Certainly prefer getting the kiss on the cheek from the refs compared to the Broncos game when they bent us over and pumped it up our anus whilst whispering how the Perth Sharks really rolls of the tongue. You take it, and you give it.

Also happy with Woods performance.

3. Manu Vatuvei

Manu Vatuvei Coach

tbh I’m not really fussed about the ‘no advantage’ thing, I’m kind of a fan of the ‘free play’ rule anyway...applying the same logic arguably Gelling could have been penalised too

4. Meth

Meth Referee

Woods played well

5. bad boy bubby

bad boy bubby First Grade

That last try was a bad call, and I say it's a shame to the Warriors fans on here as they are decent bunch.
    It's just a shame a Drongos fan is making so much noise considering how they beat the Sharks last game by the aforementioned 5m forward pass.
    It sucks but it does happen to other teams too.

wibble and Life's Good like this.
  6. vvvrulz

vvvrulz Coach

Bang on.

The refs were certainly crap but what's new there, if we put in an 80 minute effort we'd have got home. The Sharkies looked after the ball, rarely missed tackles and give away few penalties - that's what wins tight games.

Philip_Smith007 likes this.
  7. Meth

Meth Referee

Yeah mate, our quarrel isn't with Sharks fans. Honestly, they were massive for quite a large chunk of the game and we did enough to lose it.

Pissed off with the refs, but it happens.

8. Generalzod

Generalzod Coach

Oh well we copped a pearler last week

9. McLovin

McLovin Immortal

All the people saying the pass was forward need to get your eyes checked. It was a fine pass and the better team won.

Generalzod and carcharias like this.
  10. roboshark

roboshark Coach

Makes up for the Broncos game where we were robbed

11. Nerd

Nerd Juniors

It's almost as funny as a NSW fan complaining about another team being given a try from a forward pass.

Generalzod likes this.
  12. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

Just watched the highlights.

My gawd those Kiwi commentators get salty.

Generalzod likes this.
  13. AJB1102

AJB1102 Juniors

Nice work, f**kwit.

I hated us signing then playing Edrick but he's been great for us. It's a shame both he & Ramien are blunting their careers by going to Newy.

14. AJB1102

AJB1102 Juniors

No way is he a Taga replacement. Very different sorts of players.

15. coolumsharkie

coolumsharkie Referee

Haha, yeah I know. Imagine missing that huge forward pass and gifting your team a win close to full time.

Generalzod likes this.
  16. footy75

footy75 Juniors

Warriors were up 12-0.... only got selves to blame.

Got to play 80 minutes.

17. Evil_Mush

Evil_Mush Juniors

For me, the worst calls were the Chad no try resulting in a scrum to the Sharks, and Gallens interference in a play the ball resulting in a penalty against the Warriors.

Frustrating game to watch, especially the way it got snatched away in the end, but the amount of poor handling and missed tackles we had alone is enough for me to not be totally up in arms with the result.

Though whoever that ref is, he is encroaching on Ben Cummins territory for most annoying keeeant of a ref in the game today.

18. Meth

Meth Referee

He's arrived, for mine

19. coolumsharkie

coolumsharkie Referee

Warriors knocked on into Chad as he received the ball. Gals was a square up for Sharon's ptb penalty farce.

20. KeepingTheFaith

KeepingTheFaith Referee

And then Chad ran 12 metres and almost scored. That's advantage taken.

Woods was a 50/50 when he tried to milk it and didn't touch the ball with his foot. Satae got to his feet, touched the ball with his foot and got penalised despite doing it correctly. Massive difference.

TBH I'm not as salty as I want to be. The advantage rule is horrible but it was worse earlier in the year when Maumalo ran 15-20m threw an intercept try for the Dragons only to have the ref call it back for no advantage. Forward passes happen all the time, it's a pure luck and in round 1 we benefitted when a Souths pass was called forward when it wasn't.

The penalty was the worse one because it highlights why fans get frustrated not just in this game but every round. Either the ref got bullied by Gallen or he just didn't see it clearly and when refs don't see things clearly they just guess and come up with phantom penalties.

At the same time Lisone got suspended earlier in the year for something that wasn't penalised versus the Raiders. So I've just named 3 Warriors wins where we benefited from refs getting it wrong.

It will happen in every round to every team at some point during the season, but it doesn't suck any less in the moment when it happened.

As much as we like to think things even out over a game/season that's not always the case and it sucks when a game comes around where due to random luck those decisions are largely one sided.

Probably also exagerrated because those decisions all leaded directly to points. Fans are much more forgiving/forgetful when ref mistakes don't actually lead to points.