What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R16 Sat - Panthers 10-18 Sea Eagles @ Panthers

Round 16: Panthers v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Have to agree here. Barrett might be a current symptom of the culture at Manly but he's certainly not the source of the issues.

I'm sure the majority of [Manly] fans realise this. Barrett at Penrith was doing well and came to Manly with glowing reports from Gould,Griffin and the Panthers CEO.

Gold Coast's Garth Brennan is in the same boat albeit,not as bad as Manly's situation. When Brennan arrived,he was to have a somewhat balanced side to work with. But with key injuries and the indifferent form of Hayne's replacement Cartwright,it has been as much as a rough ride as far as wins are concerned.

The bloke who has copped the rough end of the pineapple award for this year goes to poor old Dean Pay. Not many ppl would be in his shoes with the club in such a mess.

All the teams above will come good in a couple of years. The salary cap says so...hopefully.

I'm sure the majority of [Manly] fans realise this. Barrett at Penrith was doing well and came to Manly with glowing reports from Gould,Griffin and the Panthers CEO.

Gold Coast's Garth Brennan is in the same boat albeit,not as bad as Manly's situation. When Brennan arrived,he was to have a somewhat balanced side to work with. But with key injuries and the indifferent form of Hayne's replacement Cartwright,it has been as much as a rough ride as far as wins are concerned.

The bloke who has copped the rough end of the pineapple award for this year goes to poor old Dean Pay. Not many ppl would be in his shoes with the club in such a mess.

All the teams above will come good in a couple of years. The salary cap says so...hopefully.
Doing well? Let me paint you a picture

Penrith win the 20s
Barrett takes over they get ninff
Barrett no longer coaches the 20s and they win again

We've been sold a dud

GongPanther

Referee
Did he not miss several weeks in the first couple of months of the season after injuring himself in the first Bulldogs game?
Sorry Tim,I was hoping Dave would have been a tad specific with his quote,whether he meant the injury or the SOO. You know how ppl can easily load a question for two answers.

If he was referring to after his injury,it's obvious he has taken a back seat role to allow Maloney control the Panthers side. If he was referring to after the 1st SOO,it was after he had a game which drew a lot out of him physically and mentally.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
Have to tip Manly here, on what i've seen week in and week out, Penrith are just and all round bad side...