What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R2 Sun - Raiders 28-30 Knights @ GIO

Round 2: Raiders v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knightmare

Coach
All that ball in their half of the field, all those penalties in the second half- and the Raiders still couldn't close it out. They have a forward pack who look dangerous when they get momentum behind them and get the offload away- and they have the creativity of guys like Austin behind them- but they don't take full advantage of the chances they're given. With better coaching they could've put this one out of sight with 15 minutes to go. I haven't listened to Ricky's presser yet, but I'm looking forward to this weeks' excuses...

This game had the feel of a game from 2001 when the new interchange rules came in- a higher scoring affair with defence that could be called brittle at best. I seem to remember that Raiders-Knights games have a habit of being high scoring affairs though...

Another 2 points for the Knights and another loss for the referees, following the referees loss to the Tigers last night. A good weekend for footy, all in all.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The Raiders have a good pack and great wingers. Not a bad base. They're just lazy and stupid. Change in coach would fix that.

Even the pack is pretty overrrated and has zero depth. Let me put it this way i am relatively confident by the end of the year tapine will be our best forward. Is that a compliment to tapine or an indictment of the forward pack ?

nick87

Coach
All that ball in their half of the field, all those penalties in the second half- and the Raiders still couldn't close it out. They have a forward pack who look dangerous when they get momentum behind them and get the offload away- and they have the creativity of guys like Austin behind them- but they don't take full advantage of the chances they're given. With better coaching they could've put this one out of sight with 15 minutes to go. I haven't listened to Ricky's presser yet, but I'm looking forward to this weeks' excuses...

This game had the feel of a game from 2001 when the new interchange rules came in- a higher scoring affair with defence that could be called brittle at best. I seem to remember that Raiders-Knights games have a habit of being high scoring affairs though...

Another 2 points for the Knights and another loss for the referees, following the referees loss to the Tigers last night. A good weekend for footy, all in all.

Haha stop it
You won, fair and square, no need for a victim mentality. Let it go, bruh

Noname36

First Grade
Even the pack is pretty overrrated and has zero depth. Let me put it this way i am relatively confident by the end of the year tapine will be our best forward. Is that a compliment to tapine or an indictment of the forward pack ?

I see your point. I admit I haven't seen much of the Raiders play in the last couple of seasons.

nick87

Coach
The raiders are talented in every spot game except where it counts

1-6-7-9

Hodgson is great. He’s also got an ACL and isn’t playing. The rest are zeros and that’s our deal. Austin, Williams, Sezer, who cares. None of them can thrive under the current coach

Pedge1971

First Grade
Haha stop it
You won, fair and square, no need for a victim mentality. Let it go, bruh

Agreed. Not sure we should be crowing. The raiders finished the game with 3 injuries and 1 player on the bench and we got them by 2.

The spine was probably the difference. Ok, I mean Kalyn Ponga...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I see your point. I admit I haven't seen much of the Raiders play in the last couple of seasons.

Like dont get me wrong we have good players. Papalii. Boyd Paulo and Whitehead have all had big games for us. Sia is getting long in the tooth but he still can put a hit on and get through a lot of work

But the rest is hardly worth writing home about.

As nick says the biggest issue is the spine. Wighton is fine and quite solid but i question if he has the skills to be a proper nrl fullback in 2018 but hes the least of our worries. Dumb as f**k but he works his balls off in both attack and defence. Cannot criticise jack with the other spine players as they are.

We have williams and austin who might be the worst defenders in the comp. The knights shredded our edges and they are a big part of that. The distribution of the ball is a joke. Some of the shifts in play were so slow the knights could have ordered a pizza, had it arrive and eaten and still made the tackle at the end of the movement.

We came second on the back of teams being unable to defend rapana and BJ and hodgson playing good footy. Defenses have worked out they can rush up on those two because the dangers outside of them is small. This puts a lot of pressure on Hodgson who makes poor decisions at the best of time. He also clearly has no faith in Austin and sezer to create.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The biggest issue is defence. You shouldn't consistently score 28 points a game and lose as much as we do.
Find the best damn defensive coach going around and give him all the monies.

mozza91

Coach
Great game of footy. Canberra were very good in attack. Austin looked threatening and their forwards rolled through ours regularly. Our attack looked really slick and Pearce delivered again when it was needed. Great effort to stay calm and get the win.

gitano

Juniors
The biggest issue is defence. You shouldn't consistently score 28 points a game and lose as much as we do.
Find the best damn defensive coach going around and give him all the monies.
Poor Walt haha. Poor Skeepey too.
Another Dragons/Faiders win loss combo weekend, and a very happy Gypsy going into Monday. Great stuff!!

Dave_

Juniors
Canberra are the new Dessie's Dogs. Too many brain dead fatties.

But... these fatties are fast... strong.... and can offload out their arses. They also have Rapana who is a freak and Austin played his best game in about 2 years. Actually their whole team are guns bar their centers... one of which is borderline geniused and the other just a meh barely fg standard plodder.

Newcastle were just better, even with the ref caning us. Super slick attack and great one on one defence on some of those fatties. Canberra, get rid of BlowJob and Choker cause you guys are fun to watch without all the derp

Wizardman

First Grade
Raiders are the worst defensive team in the comp by far. Parra had a bad day but they will get better. Im not so sure the Raider defence will improve that much at all......very weak.

mongoose

Coach
The thing that shits me about stuart and this team is that they act like they're a contender that is just out of luck.

that's my worry. Stuart thinks this is a premiership team who are just unlucky week after week. He also seems to carry on like there is some battle between him and the media he has to win. He is like Bennett except Bennett is calm and in control where as Stuart always seems flustered. Forget about the media and just accept the team is a long way from 2016 and fix it!