What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R3 Fri - Wests Tigers 7-9* Broncos @ Campbelltown

Round 3: Wests Tigers v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldPanther

Coach
Quality thread. Some top shelf salt and butthurt tonight. The majority from non tigers supporters which makes this win even more satisfying.

I don't care who the teams were. I spent all day defending the new style of reffing and then they have two really inconsistent games. There was a wall by Broncs in the first half of GP that didn't get called, heaps of not square markers but they decide to call one randomly that wins the game.

No one can possibly argue that it's not a bad look.

" it has to be 100% right and no grey areas". That one sentence sums up the whole problem with spectators and sport. They expect human beings to be infallible, which they never are (and ass omeone whbo refereed around 200 games of junior rugby league I know from experience). Also "no grey areas"?! You really have never read the rules of the game now have you? If you had you would know the advantage rule is the biggest grey area because the referee is the sole determinant of any advantage to a non-offending side, be that advantage tacatical or territorial (as the rule book actually says).

We hear them say "that's the second time this set" saying they let one go and called the second infringement in the set. They are deliberately ignoring potential penalties which leads to moments like last night. No way they don't see the wall from Broncs in the first half of GP. It's 4 100kg blokes standing shoulder to shoulder next to the play the ball or the constant markers who weren't square the whole time.

Clifferd

Coach
Iam all for a ref applying the rules for the duration of the game and not putting the rule book in his back pocket during extra time like most do, but it has to be 100% right and no grey areas. Sadly Klien should have been put out to pasture years ago. Anyway call me old fashion, but one point each after 80 minutes would have been the best result as both teams deserved to get something for there efforts

Would’ve been 100% satisfied with a draw. To lose like that in GP is disgusting

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Only a great club like the mighty Broncos could have found a way to win that one. Well done lads!!!

TheFrog

Coach
I hate the Broncos but don’t think those markers were square.

Not even close.
The markers weren't square many times during that game. I noticed the Broncos but I'm sure it was both sides. The whole problem here is that the ref waits until it is game deciding to step on it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Meh both teams gave me aids they both should have lost.

Neither side was even trying to score tries

Clifferd

Coach
That goes both ways mate. Yes there were a million chances for a penalty to be blown....Both ways. The Tigers were as far back the 10 as we were, meaning not even close.

It was a shitty way to end it, there's no doubt about that, but your guys weren't even close to being square so that's the end of it.

30E82C1B-D809-4854-87B9-900A17F9DE2E.jpeg

Not even close to being square

Lol k

SBD82

Coach
Yeah, but you never won one against us. So you Broncs clowns can bang on all you want, we’ve owned you in all finals games that actually mean something. And beat you in a GF in the most heartbreaking fashion. Something that will live in deep in your souls til the day you die.

Til the day you die.

Oh, and we came into the comp in ‘95. So you lost the argument with your opening line Blaz.
Or till the day JT retires than everyone will be f**king your corpse
IBM: QLD will be fine without thurston. Morgan is a great halfback.

Also IBM: Nth QLD will be a corpse when thurston retires.