What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R4 Sat - Roosters 6-30 Warriors @ Allianz

Round 4: Roosters v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Lol outnumbering us.

Yeah sure fellas.

That one never gets old.
I’m not really one to fall into poor stereotyping.

The Roosters fans are probably just quiet as they are all into their early game lattes
I was there, if we weren't outnumbering them we were pretty dam close. Although, it probably depends on when you did the count, most of the cooks fans started to leave at the 50th minute.

Great atmosphere at the ground though

Cockosh

Juniors
I was there, if we weren't outnumbering them we were pretty dam close. Although, it probably depends on when you did the count, most of the cooks fans started to leave at the 50th minute.

Great atmosphere at the ground though
Definitely a good turnout of warriors fans but to say you came even close to half is ridiculous. I’d say max 4000 warriors fans. A big contingent in the usual away supporters bay in the eastern stand and on the left of the western stand. Seemed like more coz they had more to cheer about. From the third minute they completely outplayed us. As woeful as we were they were clinical. They might actually be the real deal.

Iafeta

Referee
How can that be? Players always get worse when they go to the Warriors.

Blake Green should get a statue at Mt Smart. Lol and to think all we had to do was give up Foreign for him.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Definitely a good turnout of warriors fans but to say you came even close to half is ridiculous. I’d say max 4000 warriors fans. A big contingent in the usual away supporters bay in the eastern stand and on the left of the western stand. Seemed like more coz they had more to cheer about. From the third minute they completely outplayed us. As woeful as we were they were clinical. They might actually be the real deal.

I was in the Northeast corner with some chooks season pass holders (they got free guest admission for the first two games so a couple of us came along free with them). Plenty of Warriors fans around us. I reckon we gave them a 4K easily, probably more.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just got back from the game, totally out played by the Warriors tonight, Latrell Mitchell's try in the first 3 minutes came way too easily and I just shook my head and said watch every thing go pear shaped from here for the Roosters and it did. FMD Luke Keary's forward pass was pathetic in such a great attacking position. Jake Friend get lost, Victor Radley probably not the best replacement for him either, please bring in Kurt Baptiste.

sup42

Juniors
Why would the Warriors choose an away strip that looks so much like the Dogs?
The Warriors are descendant of the Auckland Rugby league side. The Dogs wear the Auckland colours....Auckland wore the blue and White before the Dogs were even thought of.

Those colours belong to the Warriors heritage.

Rebound

Juniors
The Warriors used their Heritage kit because their away kit was stolen during the week in the team's van - it was posted on social by the Warriors before kick-off.

Grapple

Bench
Such a complete performance. Green reminds me of when Maloney came to Warriors and there's a comparison to Tohu's stability and Steve Price, anchoring the team you can see too.
It'll be interesting to see where Mannering fits in.

Almost time for me to change avatars to a Warriors one, hahaha... so good to see!

TheFrog

Coach
Warriors a different side to last year, to say the least. I'll have to start tipping them.

The Roosters, for all their flashy backs, were exposed as flat track bullies. When the going gets tough they don't get going. Seriously exposed in the engine room. Worst game I've ever seen Cronk play. Maybe he's pining for the Yarra, or maybe his lady has drained his juices. Mitchell dangerous at times and Tedesco at least tried this week, but was still pretty ineffectual.

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
I’ve had a few of my Roosters mates (which accounts to 60% of their fan base admittedly) tell me that Friend was a poor hooker. I always thought they were being a bit harsh.

But man he is so so so slow. Rubbish service from dummy half. The critical plays for me was the Roosters last tackle where old mate was caught by Green easily and then Green boots a stunning 40/20.

And I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such a dreadful performance of that exhibition of sheer incompetence by Reece Robinson. Seriously?? He’s their winger now? He should be captain coach of a team in Group 6. He wouldn’t have caught the ball last night with a ball magnet and a rather large bucket.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Such a complete performance. Green reminds me of when Maloney came to Warriors and there's a comparison to Tohu's stability and Steve Price, anchoring the team you can see too.
It'll be interesting to see where Mannering fits in.

Almost time for me to change avatars to a Warriors one, hahaha... so good to see!

Fair call.

Yesterday the Warriors reminded me a bit of the 2003 Panthers. I think it might have just been Harris and Pulu on the edges reminding me of the Hair Bears from 2003 but Penrith didn't really have a highly rated pack that year either.