What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R5 Sat - Warriors 22-12 Cowboys @ Mt Smart (DH)

Round 5: Warriors v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meth

Staff member
Man this play the ball is a joke you how many times did I see players not bothering to even play the ball properly and yet it was allowed to continue , Chechen said as long as you make an attempt to play the ball wtf you either play the ball correctly or you dont

Thurston's play the ball in the first half was worse than that.

I reckon it's one of those things. Not policed all that well, but when you get pinged, you can't complain (assuming your play was dodgy)

JamesRustle

First Grade
My feeling was that the Warriors were beatable in the last quarter of the game, but the Cows weren't good enough to do it.
Yeah, but they kept on putting in... so unlike previous years.

Does their coach from easter island get credit or do they have a better support staff this year... fitness is great, mental strength seems very focussed, they're remembering to breathe regularly.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The 2 Warriors Wingers, Fusitua and Maumalo are awesome. I remember Maumalo being good for a knock on or 3. Now he can hold the ball, he is an absolute weapon.

He had hands like flippers a year ago. Done a lot of work, still have doubts about him in the air but they seem to protect him well anyway.

Fusitua on the other hand... all class and an absolute weapon in the air.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yeah, but they kept on putting in... so unlike previous years.

Does their coach from easter island get credit or do they have a better support staff this year... fitness is great, mental strength seems very focussed, they're remembering to breathe regularly.

Definitely got better support staff, but Kearney also needed the players that suit the way he likes to play the game and to the clubs credit they got him those players and he's shown that he may not be as inept as some like to make out once he has the team built the way he likes.

Speaking of....is his career record above 30% yet? Must be getting close.

Grapple

Bench
I've posted this before. But good on ya, Billy.

God how good is Rd 7 going to be regardless of next week, even better if both teams stay unbeaten though.

Iafeta

Referee
The 2 Warriors Wingers, Fusitua and Maumalo are awesome. I remember Maumalo being good for a knock on or 3. Now he can hold the ball, he is an absolute weapon.

Kenny is a real weapon. Fus is an athlete of the highest order.

Several times today I thought Kens runs changed the momentum and got us on a big roll on.