What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R7 Fri - Broncos 20-34 Storm @ Suncorp

Round 7: Broncos v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave_

Juniors
Great win storm. Just too good again.
Our errors kills us. Happy with the effort though especially the milf.
Storm still have too many guns right across the park. Such a well coached and prepared side. They set the bar for fitness and cam smith sets the bar for game management.
"Happy with the effort, especially Milf" is up there with "it wasn't about winning tonight"

Must be a Donkeys thing

David brown

Juniors
Great win storm. Just too good again.
Our errors kills us. Happy with the effort though especially the milf.
Storm still have too many guns right across the park. Such a well coached and prepared side. They set the bar for fitness and cam smith sets the bar for game management.
Glad your coming to accept the low standards your club plays at these days...

Silent Knight

First Grade
As usual, it's the tale of two coaching styles.

On one side, you have Bellamyball: grubbing it up and wrestling your opponents into the ground, dominating the ruck as a result and then playing footy with 2 future immortals after your opponent has been frustrated out of it.

For our part, it's classic Bennettball with a healthy dose of stupidity and poor attitude to go with it. One out hitups, some of which completely useless by the likes of McGuire, stupid errors and decisions in crucial moments due to a complete lack of leadership from the captain, and rocks and diamonds performances from your marquee player. Score a brilliant try down one end, then lazily stand and watch as your opposition winger scores an easy try under your nose which could have easily been avoided.

I'm not even gonna get started on the referees because what the f**k does it matter at this point. This comp is farcical and the so called "drop kick try" is just about the stupidest shit I've ever heard of. You would find better management on Sesame Street.

The day that the likes of Smith and Slater retire should be a public holiday. I'm sure NSW won't object to that. As for Bellamy, frankly you can keep him Melbourne. The moment that insufferable style of footy comes to my club, all is lost.

TLDR...what I really want to know is if the Broncos have won the war yet?

super_coach

First Grade
Without doubt Storm were better and a lot better than the score line would suggest. Without Junior Pangi and Lodge the Brooks would have been lapped. Bird has been a massive flop for the Bronks

Canard

Immortal
Milf showed some individual brilliance but struggled in the organising role.

Fullback is his best position for mine.

Canard

Immortal
As usual, it's the tale of two coaching styles.

On one side, you have Bellamyball: grubbing it up and wrestling your opponents into the ground, dominating the ruck as a result and then playing footy with 2 future immortals after your opponent has been frustrated out of it.

For our part, it's classic Bennettball with a healthy dose of stupidity and poor attitude to go with it. One out hitups, some of which completely useless by the likes of McGuire, stupid errors and decisions in crucial moments due to a complete lack of leadership from the captain, and rocks and diamonds performances from your marquee player. Score a brilliant try down one end, then lazily stand and watch as your opposition winger scores an easy try under your nose which could have easily been avoided.

I'm not even gonna get started on the referees because what the f**k does it matter at this point. This comp is farcical and the so called "drop kick try" is just about the stupidest shit I've ever heard of. You would find better management on Sesame Street.

The day that the likes of Smith and Slater retire should be a public holiday. I'm sure NSW won't object to that. As for Bellamy, frankly you can keep him Melbourne. The moment that insufferable style of footy comes to my club, all is lost.

What a massive sook

Saxon

Bench
To be fair, I'm sure they would given the opportunity.
Nah, they had the opportunity years back and sacked him for the grubby merkin he is. Waaay before the psycho behaviour in NYC and the girlfriend bashing.

SBD82

Coach
Nah, they had the opportunity years back and sacked him for the grubby merkin he is. Waaay before the psycho behaviour in NYC and the girlfriend bashing.
Really? Had no idea.

I guess it must be easier for Bellamy to shape a blank canvas into a merkin than to reshape a bloke that's already merkinish.

blaza88z

Coach
We competed hard but I think we lost this in the back to be honest, their 2 wingers are ridiculous and it could be the difference at the business end

There are teams with top notch squads, forwards, halves etc.. but they lack speed out wide, not the case for Melbourne

King hit

Coach
I really enjoy going out somewhere and watching the game but the big advantage of just chilling and watching it in your own home is not having to hear comments from people who are deluded/stupid/ignorant or just so bias it overtakes any opinion or observation.

I was in the Broncos leagues club tonight and the amount of stupid comments I've heard there over the last 5 years is unbelievable, from people who say they are passionate league supporters. When Vunivalu scored after Milford f**ked up this woman yelled out "that's bullshit how is that a try' seriously lady I'm short sighted in 1 eye and even if I closed my other eye leaving my short sight eye open I can easily tell that Vunivalu grounded the ball. It was completely obvious. This womans stupid husband once claimed that the NRL had an agenda against the Broncos and they were robbed after this game against the Bulldogs and that Hoffman was denied a fair try. When it was obvious that his foot went into touch.

So frustrating

SBD82

Coach
I really enjoy going out somewhere and watching the game but the big advantage of just chilling and watching it in your own home is not having to hear comments from people who are deluded/stupid/ignorant or just so bias it overtakes any opinion or observation.

I was in the Broncos leagues club tonight and the amount of stupid comments I've heard there over the last 5 years is unbelievable, from people who say they are passionate league supporters. When Vunivalu scored after Milford f**ked up this woman yelled out "that's bullshit how is that a try' seriously lady I'm short sighted in 1 eye and even if I closed my other eye leaving my short sight eye open I can easily tell that Vunivalu grounded the ball. It was completely obvious. This womans stupid husband once claimed that the NRL had an agenda against the Broncos and they were robbed after this game against the Bulldogs and that Hoffman was denied a fair try. When it was obvious that his foot went into touch.

So frustrating
Try watching a game in a pub in Melbourne. Not only do they not know the rules (I had to explain offside) they say weird things that I don't understand like "flag" and "bounce".

Saxon

Bench
Try watching a game in a pub in Melbourne. Not only do they not know the rules (I had to explain offside) they say weird things that I don't understand like "flag" and "bounce".
Flag is what a touchie holds. bounce is what the ball does when a fullback doesn't catch it.
I think the problem may be you!