What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R8 Sat - Cowboys 8-18 Raiders @ 1300SMILES

Round 8: Cowboys v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
We are having a spirited disagreement in the Sharks forum about Flanagan and how he loves to hang on to his experienced incumbents rather than giving juniors a go.

I am on the side of agreeing he does this, but thinking it is a good thing.

Be interesting to see what Green does. You could argue he has a grand final capable team + Scott + Thurston so should stick solid.

But so many of the players look absolutely out of sorts.

You couldn't replace Morgan, Thurston, Scott, Granville, Thurston, O'Neill, Winterstein all at once, and they have all been good players (brilliant, in most cases). It would be too much experience to lose at once, and you can't have 4 or 5 rookies in a team at once.

But he surely has to rest some of those guys, even if they are not officially "dropped", just to try to get them to freshen up. For the most part they have been terrible this year.

Congratulations to Canberra. That was a good defensive effort (a bit hard to judge vs the misfiring Cowboys, though really Cowboys fans might worry the other way, that they can't score vs the normally poor Raiders defense).

Canberra weren't great, but they were still a fair bit better than the Cowboys, and can at least build on that.

Dave_

Juniors
Surely this puts to bed any of this silly "immortal" and "better than Joey" talk surrounding Thurston. He's garbage now and never could tackle in the first place.

All the greats were great until the end.

Iafeta

Referee
Surely this puts to bed any of this silly "immortal" and "better than Joey" talk surrounding Thurston. He's garbage now and never could tackle in the first place.

All the greats were great until the end.

His defence has always been turnstile like. Yet commentators bang on about his defensive commitment. He’s often third man in or ankle tapping because he’s fallen off a sitter.

TheFrog

Coach
been saying that for the last 7 weeks mate

i think if they do finally click it will be too late
The Panthers made 7th after being 2 from 9 last year, and lost their last 2 matches before the finals as well.

BUT five of the seven early losses were against the eventual top 5, none of whom they had to play again. Still, it took a run of 11 wins from 13, that is the sort of thing the Cows are going to need. Unlike last year's Panthers, they've been beaten by some also-ran sides and have a difficult run ahead. They could be all but out of the running a month from now, especially the way they are playing.

Iafeta

Referee
I've missed watching the raiders play this season 3 times.

They've won all 3 times.

If I never watch them again then they'll be premiers, right?

If you ever watch again, you know, you just know, not only is Sticky going to ask for a bunker interpretation from Greenpoop, not only is he going to say 17 blokes are hurting, or how many Texas he got, but he will find out about this post and get himself another 3 year extension on the back of the loss because how the bloody hell is he expected to win if @AlwaysGreen cant do the honourable thing and stop watching.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Well....that sucked.

Was hoping to see JT overtake Johns on the all time point scorers list but that would require us to score more than 1 try a game

We are pus at the moment .
Our attack is terrible .
Nothing seems to click .

I have little faith in us suddenly coming good .

Somewhere down the track we will click ..but it will be prob too late or just enough to scrape in the 8 .

Only positive out of that is being in good form coming into the finals .

butchmcdick

Immortal
We are pus at the moment .
Our attack is terrible .
Nothing seems to click .

I have little faith in us suddenly coming good .

Somewhere down the track we will click ..but it will be prob too late or just enough to scrape in the 8 .

Only positive out of that is being in good form coming into the finals .

We ain’t making the finals

I can handle us losing

Every team loses

It’s the effort that was lacking

The will to win

Latest posts