What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R9 Sun - Dragons 34-14 Storm @ Jubilee

Round 9: Dragons v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 9
St George Illawarra Dragons v Melbourne Storm
Jubilee Oval, Carlton (TICKETS)
Sunday 6 May 2018

Gates 11:30am / ISP 11:45am / NRL 2pm

TL-SGI18.png

1. Matthew Dufty 2. Nene Macdonald 3. Euan Aitken 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Ben Hunt 8. James Graham 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jack de Belin
Interchange: 14. Jeremy Latimore 15. Kurt Mann 16. Leeson Ah Mau 17. Reece Robson 18. Jacob Host 19. Zac Lomax 20. Mitchell Allgood 21. Hame Sele

TL-MEL18.png

1. Billy Slater 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Curtis Scott 5. Josh Addo-carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Ryley Jacks 8. Christian Welch 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Brandon Smith 15. Kenneath Bromwich 16. Joe Stimson 17. Sam Kasiano 18. Young Tonumaipea 19. Patrick Kaufusi 20. Tui Kamikamica 21. Brodie Croft

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Rickey McFarlane
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Luke Patten

Feeder club matches
DRAGONS (NSWRL)
SUN
Dragons v Wests Magpies (WST) @ Jubilee Oval, ISP 11:45am (FOX)

STORM (QRL - Easts, Sunshine Coast & Victoria)
SAT
SUN
Sunshine Coast v Capras @ Sunshine Coast Stadium, Colts 10:20am / ISC 12pm
Souths Logan (BRI) v Easts @ Davies Park, Colts 1:20pm / ISC 3pm
Victoria Colts BYE​

Last edited by a moderator:

This Year?

Immortal
I hope we smash the merkins, but the script will be as follows:

Storm to have the run of possession and field position and will constantly get penalties until Saints tire out and leak points. Once the Storm are up by 20, the refs will start with square ups to not appear one sided.
Vunivalu and Addo-Carr to get 2 tries each and Slater to get his token try to seal the game. MOM: Smith, Slater or Munster. Saints will have their premiership credentials questioned by all and sundry and the favourites tag that was instilled by the betting agencies will be put to bed.

I will be absolutely shocked if anything not above happens.

ed-grimley

Bench
Saints were beaten by a team that was annihilated by the Storm. I think they will win at home though.

SBD82

Coach
Massive game for us. Melbourne's form is looking ominous, and there'd be no better way to silence our doubters than to beat the storm. Honestly think Melbourne will get us, but hoping we find another level. I think we will need it.

Expecting a lot of traffic aimed at our right edge. The mismatch in speed between the fox and nighty is a definite worry.

Also looking forward to the middle battle. Want to see if JDB can fold NAS. Even folded in half the merkin would be huge.

TheFrog

Coach
I hope we smash the merkins, but the script will be as follows:

Storm to have the run of possession and field position and will constantly get penalties until Saints tire out and leak points. Once the Storm are up by 20, the refs will start with square ups to not appear one sided.
Vunivalu and Addo-Carr to get 2 tries each and Slater to get his token try to seal the game. MOM: Smith, Slater or Munster. Saints will have their premiership credentials questioned by all and sundry and the favourites tag that was instilled by the betting agencies will be put to bed.

I will be absolutely shocked if anything not above happens.
The only thing I can see wrong with the above is that the Storm are already the favourites to win the whole shebang. Merge may (or may not) have hit favouritism for a brief moment before losing in Auckland. They are still fav's for the JJ Giltinan, however.

isaiah

Bench
Massive game for us. Melbourne's form is looking ominous, and there'd be no better way to silence our doubters than to beat the storm. Honestly think Melbourne will get us, but hoping we find another level. I think we will need it.

Expecting a lot of traffic aimed at our right edge. The mismatch in speed between the fox and nighty is a definite worry.

Also looking forward to the middle battle. Want to see if JDB can fold NAS. Even folded in half the merkin would be huge.
The only way to silence the doubters is to ff fo finals games in September. I may doubt til then even if you are 24 and 1.