What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Round 1 v Souths at Perth

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Hes injured

Would probably still have him in :D

As I said, I'm prepared to give Kata and Maumalo the chance to have gone away all off season and have worked on their defensive issues, Ken his tit hands and Kata his glue hands. Would hope Bunty has done some improving too.

Seems like a bit of an indictment on Paasi that he couldn't force his way into what is not a star-studded pack, after being recruited I presume to add something to it.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade

As I said, I'm prepared to give Kata and Maumalo the chance to have gone away all off season and have worked on their defensive issues, Ken his tit hands and Kata his glue hands. Would hope Bunty has done some improving too.
Yeah Im willing to give Maumalo and Kata the benefit of the doubt as well. Theyve pissed me off in the past but that was the past.

I sure hope Kearney knows what hes doing.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Seems like a bit of an indictment on Paasi that he couldn't force his way into what is not a star-studded pack, after being recruited I presume to add something to it.

Paasi was named to start in the Titans trial but was off after a couple of minutes with an injury. Not sure his omission is entirely about being unable to force his way in and it wouldn't surprise me if he was included in the 17 come gameday if passed fit.

ozenzud

Juniors
I noticed in the trials that Kata actually passed the ball on one occasion which is probably more than all last season. Thats a big improvement.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I noticed in the trials that Kata actually passed the ball on one occasion which is probably more than all last season. Thats a big improvement.

He backed up and got a return pass for a try too. Kata is obviously coacheable (look at his tackling in his second season) so hopefully its been worked on.

Also noticed some footwork from Ken too, which I've never seen before. His hands still look rubbish though

Leber

Bench
The rabbitohs team looks pretty shit, but ours is way shittier

I think we will out shitty them.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
The rabbitohs team looks pretty shit, but ours is way shittier

I think we will out shitty them.
Yeah the Rabbitohs don't look too good. I think were in with a shot. Crighton and Hunt looks promising. Inglis is back I think and they got Alex Johnstone there whos become a bit of a Nathan Merrit in that he's kind of like an unsung hero. In saying all that I think we should beat these guys, if we don't then...useless.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'm worried about Damien Cook. Bloke is ELECTRIC around the ruck.

That's a genuine concern without someone to police it like Simon does. Dunno what Ligi is like as a defender up the middle but he'll have to be good.

I dunno, I have hope this year. RTS' re-signing conjured up a bit of it in me. He could've gone anywhere for any amount of money but chose to stay here. He'll be up for the fight and trying to drag everyone with him. C'mon boys, I'm fired up about league now that the Drags pounded the Broncos.

spear tackle

Juniors
nothing more to do but wait and hope we put up a good fight at least, or would asking for a win be a bit pie in the sky?

WellsNZ

Juniors
Don't think the Bunnies make the 8 but I think they'll be more competitive than many are expecting. Reynolds is a great 7 if he can stay on the field. GI is back, Gagai is a fantastic addition, Cook looks set to explode, a herculean leader in the forwards in Burgess with some other big blokes to go with him, Murray looks the goods too.

Blair

Coach
Don't think the Bunnies make the 8 but I think they'll be more competitive than many are expecting. Reynolds is a great 7 if he can stay on the field. GI is back, Gagai is a fantastic addition, Cook looks set to explode, a herculean leader in the forwards in Burgess with some other big blokes to go with him, Murray looks the goods too.

Glad to see someone talking down the opposition on game day. :)

Blair

Coach
I believe we were in Perth at least a couple of days earlier than usual? That can only help.

The CFO wouldn't like it though.

(Chief Financial Officer - or whatever the head money person is called).