What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 State of Origin 1 - MCG June 6

TheParraboy

Staff member
MOM for me

no chance

he did a couple of great hits, but one was a blatant offside
took the ball up like a forward but didn't create anything, other than going past Roberts early.

Tedesco blew them away, a record 17 tackle busts

3. Teddy
2. Cook
1. Maloney

Maloney 3 TAs...

Best half in comp

Blew game apart

Was brilliant

Cleary did well considering his 2nd or 3rd game in almost 3 mths ffs.
So did Cleary play well? Or just well for a guy who hasn't played a lot lately? His kicking was poor, and that's the main reason he was selected.

Gronk

Staff member
So did Cleary play well? Or just well for a guy who hasn't played a lot lately? His kicking was poor, and that's the main reason he was selected.
He defended well.
I'm not knocking him. I was just talking about the way Gould was talking him up ridiculously.

Cleary produced a Jeff Robson type game last night. What he did was good, meaning he shifted the ball when required and he defended as good as any 7, but he was no way near the player that Gus was trying to sell us.

Gronk

Staff member
Triple M merkins at the MCG. Excitable chaps.

If you look carefully, you can see Jabba the Hutt in the next box.

images

hindy111

Post Whore
Teddy was made to look good by Maloney. Put Maloney un QLD and Morgan gets 4 tries and MOM.

hindy111

Post Whore
Origins done...

I tell you why. 10yrs ago it was all the supreme athletes. The quality of footy compared to an Nrl game was quite large. But the NRL these days has risen. Nearly every game is decent quality. And even the worse players in the NRL are decent and would of been above average players 10 or so yrs ago.

The diference between a borderline first grade winger like Hoffman and Addo Carr is not night and day. Heck there be games Hoffman could out play him.

Same goes for other positions. Cooks playing well. How superior is he to a so called DUD in LICHAA also playing NSW cup.

As the standard of NRL players has risen its made origin games rarely any better then a good club game. They talk how its so much faster and harder. If it is then ots only slightly .

Give me FINALS footy over origin anyday . I got sick of hearing about it tbh. Freddy and all.

Gronk

Staff member
Origins done...

I tell you why. 10yrs ago it was all the supreme athletes. The quality of footy compared to an Nrl game was quite large. But the NRL these days has risen. Nearly every game is decent quality. And even the worse players in the NRL are decent and would of been above average players 10 or so yrs ago.

The diference between a borderline first grade winger like Hoffman and Addo Carr is not night and day. Heck there be games Hoffman could out play him.

Same goes for other positions. Cooks playing well. How superior is he to a so called DUD in LICHAA also playing NSW cup.

As the standard of NRL players has risen its made origin games rarely any better then a good club game. They talk how its so much faster and harder. If it is then ots only slightly .

Give me FINALS footy over origin anyday . I got sick of hearing about it tbh. Freddy and all.

You are delusional. Call an ambulance.