What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 State of Origin 1 - MCG June 6

parra pete

Referee
I dont have a problem really with re-sale tickets. If I want to pay 3 times face value to see Elvis, then that’s my business. What I have a problem with is these sites do not disclose additional fees until checkout. When I was in New York I was trying to buy $60 tickets to see NY Philharmonic. At checkout Viagogo added $50 per ticket fees. F**k off no thanks. They dominate google and will flood the first page with various permutations of the same site. I ended up getting tickets from the venue for the real price, found on google page 2.

These were NOT resale tickets..We brought them 11 months BEFORE the event, when they first came on sale.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Lol where have you and your 5 mates been the past 5 years. Viagogo is a reselling website and scalpers haven. They don’t operate on the NRLs behalf

Remember few years back now , wanting to get Bon Jovi tickets (may have been Green Day) and this Viagogo site was selling them. Though cool, tickets were available away I went. Then I thought to myself I’m a loyal member of ticketek and Ticketmaster for yonks, lets have a look there before I order. Low and behold they were cheaper.

Then googled Viagogo and the complaints were huge even back then.

As Peter has said and others stay away from this site

BE WARY IF YOU PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS ON LINE
I and five mates purchased tickets for State of Origin MCG Rugby League match 1, 2018 on July 19, 2017..through VIAGOGO, thought we were getting premium tickets in great position...we were charged $350 per ticket for seats ticketed at $120, located on level 2A BEHIND THE GOAL POSTS...That is THREE TIMES THE COST PRICE. How can the ARL ALLOW this company, which is first on GOOGLE "State of Origin Tickets", and based in SWITZERLAND operate on its behalf. If I stood out the front of the venue and scalped tickets for that price, I would be charged. This mob is allowed to get away with it..and are selling tickets for Games 2 and 3...Bloody scammers....

Be aware...DON'T USE VIAGOGO...https://www.productreview.com.au/p/viagogo/22.html
Good info but I won't be going. Next time I do go to the footy will be at the new stadium. Depending on how much of a rort that turns out to be, I may or may not go again until we make a GF.

Gronk

Staff member
These were NOT resale tickets..We brought them 11 months BEFORE the event, when they first came on sale.

But wouldn't the vendor provide seat numbers or at least the bay number when you bought them 11 months ago ?

AFL-Grand-Final-Seating-Plan.jpg

parra pete

Referee
But wouldn't the vendor provide seat numbers or at least the bay number when you bought them 11 months ago ?

AFL-Grand-Final-Seating-Plan.jpg

NO....The tickets were ordered (and paid on July 19, 2017) - and forwarded on June 4, 2018...BLOODY SCAMMING BASTARDS....
I just want to issue a WARNING to people buying tickets in the future. DON'T USE VIAGOGO....

parra pete

Referee
Viagogo DO NOT sell the 'official' tickets.

They are scalpers plain and simple

Our tickets were purchased by my mate's Secretary on our behalf. She looked up State of Origin tickets on GOOGLE..The first site mentioned was VIAGOGO..This was on July 19, 2017..soon after they went on sale..The Credit Card was debited..The tickets arrived by email on June 4, 2018...They were not being scalped...
THE ARL SHOULD ISSUE WARNINGS ON ITS ADVERTISING THAT VIAGOGO IS NOT A LICENCED SELLER, SO NAIVE FOLLOWERS LIKE ME AND MY FIVE MATES WILL NOT BE RIPPED OFF..

Bazal

Post Whore
Our tickets were purchased by my mate's Secretary on our behalf. She looked up State of Origin tickets on GOOGLE..The first site mentioned was VIAGOGO..This was on July 19, 2017..soon after they went on sale..The Credit Card was debited..The tickets arrived by email on June 4, 2018...They were not being scalped...
THE ARL SHOULD ISSUE WARNINGS ON ITS ADVERTISING THAT VIAGOGO IS NOT A LICENCED SELLER, SO NAIVE FOLLOWERS LIKE ME AND MY FIVE MATES WILL NOT BE RIPPED OFF..

Sorry your naivety has lead to this dude, but you've been stitched up by your own doing.

Why would you buy NRL tickets from anyone other than Ticketek?

I would be asking your mate why his secretary didn't look at the listing instead of launching a tirade at the ARL, given Google tells you Viagogo is an ad right there on the screen. See...just under the tick?

Untitled2.png

The ARL has precisely zero influence or control over what Google chooses to display tbh. Viagogo are scalpers, lesson learned I suppose

parra pete

Referee
I would have gone through Ticketek, but unsuspecting people have no idea they are being RIPPED OFF..
Launching a tirade at ARL??? By telling them the tickets are being scalped?? Sorry mate (not dude) don't follow the tirade..
We are just 'boys from the bush' who have been SCALPED by trying to get in early to secure good seats to what is a showcase event for the sport....

Gronk

Staff member
Once bitten, twice shy @parra pete

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/buying-or-selling/online-shopping-scams

https://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/protect-yourself

Triple check before you buy. Make sure you are getting what you are bargaining for. Check product review sites if you have never purchased from vendor before. Take a position of mistrust rather than trust. If you are not buying from a known reputable vendor, try and use paypal bc they have a refund policy for scams, counterfeit goods, DOAs, misdescriptions and no shows.

All the best.

parra pete

Referee
Once bitten, twice shy @parra pete

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/buying-or-selling/online-shopping-scams

https://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/protect-yourself

Triple check before you buy. Make sure you are getting what you are bargaining for. Check product review sites if you have never purchased from vendor before. Take a position of mistrust rather than trust. If you are not buying from a known reputable vendor, try and use paypal bc they have a refund policy for scams, counterfeit goods, DOAs, misdescriptions and no shows.

All the best.

Thanks mate..We won't get caught again. Posted on here to warn others....BASTARDS