What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 team

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
What about this guy?

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/knigh...42850875756154&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

anyone got any more info on him? Looks to be a future star. Unfortunately for him, he is signed with us.

If he is like Junior Sa'u (the video makes it seem like it), he needs to either be brought through as a fringe running backrower or a winger...

I do NOT want to see a Sa'u-MK2 in the centres again, our attacking plays break down often enough already.

Frederick

Staff member
To be honest, given the choice between gagai and sau, I would pick sau. Neither can pass the ball to save their lives, but at least sau had low centre of gravity and good leg drive, as opposed to gagai who goes forward 5 then gets driven back 10

League_God

Juniors
To be honest, given the choice between gagai and sau, I would pick sau. Neither can pass the ball to save their lives, but at least sau had low centre of gravity and good leg drive, as opposed to gagai who goes forward 5 then gets driven back 10

Junior made f**king awesome metres coming out of our end too.

We won several games entirely because of vuna and sau making huge runs followed by quick ptbs. I seem to remember a particular game against the cowboys... both were phenomenal

Also... Junior's defence > Gagai's

perverse

Referee
I have zero hope for the kid based on those highlights. That shit don't work in the NRL, unless there's more strings to his bow then he will be a failure. A few barnstorming runs in the Real NRL (which is a third tier comp) is supposed to excite us? Tall about scraping the bottom of the barrel. Next they'll be throwing bread at us in the stands again.

Preferring Sau to Gagai is a laugh, too... requires a short memory and a lot of myths to come to that conclusion... and I was a Sau fan.

Last edited:

Still Nutty

Juniors
I have zero hope for the kid based on those highlights. That shit don't work in the NRL, unless there's more strings to his bow then he will be a failure. A few barnstorming runs in the Real NRL (which is a third tier comp) is supposed to excite us? Tall about scraping the bottom of the barrel. Next they'll be throwing bread at us in the stands again.

Preferring Sau to Gagai is a laugh, too... requires a short memory and a lot of myths to come to that conclusion... and I was a Sau fan.

Sadly the 'myth' of Gaigai is becoming a regular feature - while we have seen what he can do at his best...the frequency of his best versus what we see most weeks is becoming an ever widening gap.

with their supposed 'pick and stick' mentality, it will be interesting to see how many credits Gagai has in the bank for Queensland to bypass a lot of other talents that are streets ahead on form this year

perverse

Referee
Sadly the 'myth' of Gaigai is becoming a regular feature - while we have seen what he can do at his best...the frequency of his best versus what we see most weeks is becoming an ever widening gap.

with their supposed 'pick and stick' mentality, it will be interesting to see how many credits Gagai has in the bank for Queensland to bypass a lot of other talents that are streets ahead on form this year

I don't disagree with you on Dane in principle, but at the same time... come on. Junior Sau? People blame Gagai for not knowing how to pass... well i reckon Gagai has done more Gidley flicks to Aku than Sau did basic passes to any of his wingers during his entire career. Dead set, I know Gags doesn't play the service game of a centre that he probably should - I've generally found that centres play for their outside men more as they get older, but Sau flat out only knew one way to play, and that was ball under his wing and bulldoze. Sometimes it was even effective, but to put him up as an option against Gagai is a little too far in the realms of fantasy for me. 12 months ago we were happy for Dane that he was playing for QLD, and at least the majority of us felt it was well earned and that he was ready. Fast forward 12 months and he's compared to Junior bloody Sau.

This is coming from a guy that used to defend Sau, too. I liked him, but he was a very, very limited player. Gags has more football instinct and talent than Sau ever could have had, and employs it more often. He's faster, he's more evasive, he's smarter... there's not many areas of the game where Gagai lacks to Sau.

Noname36

First Grade
You'd think it'd be Mullo considering he spends most of the year on the sidelines.

You can't compare Gagai and Sau IMO. Completely opposite kind of players. One can attack and can't defend and the other could defend but didn't have much in attack. Both have good qualities but massive flaws too.

perverse

Referee
1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. SKD
4. Pete
5. Moga
6. Watson
7. Lamb
8. Daifiti
9. Levi
10. Graham
11. Sione
12. Buhrer
13. Guerra

14. Ese'ese
15. Jaifiti
16. Barnett
17. Stone/other kids

Wouldn't mind seeing that team develop. We really need 1 more prop in the Graham mould, or Graham himself. Watson would be a massive get.