What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 team

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. SKD
4. Moga
5. Chanel
6. Watson
7. Lamb/Maloney
8. Dan
9. Levi
10. Herman
11. Sione
12. Buhrer
13. Guerra

14. Barnett
15. Jacob
16. ?
17. ?

If Graham was to be released and he signs with us then he clearly starts, and would probably force Dan back to the bench. If we can prise Ofahengaue away from the broncos then that's the last spot sewn up

Latu and Grant are also rumoured so if we land them 2 and graham our forward dept is looking great

Joel-22

Juniors
1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Tautau Moga
4.Shaun Kenny Dowell
5.Nick Meaney
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Brenton Lawrence
9.Jamie Buhrer
10.Leilani Latu
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Danny Levi
15.Herman Es'se
16.Daniel Saifiti
17.Jacob Saifiti

I like it way much

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
So who has better footwork? Watson or Ponga?

Watson, like ponga is effortless with his footwork.

We are really going to open sides up next year with Watson and ponga running the ball and Levi running from DH. Even more so with our big 3 forwards getting a roll on.

Also, if they can get them right, big sweeping by backline movements will be a sight to behold with the speed and footwork of these 2.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Tautau Moga
4.Shaun Kenny Dowell
5.Nick Meaney
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Brenton Lawrence
9.Jamie Buhrer
10.Leilani Latu
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Danny Levi
15.Herman Es'se
16.Daniel Saifiti
17.Jacob Saifiti

I like it way much
I'd rather not get Latu, use Dan as starting, King will come along a lot more as he will be a full time player from next season, due to his apprenticeship finishing.

Old dog

Juniors
1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Tautau Moga
4.Shaun Kenny Dowell
5.Nick Meaney
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Brenton Lawrence
9.Jamie Buhrer
10.Leilani Latu
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Danny Levi
15.Herman Es'se
16.Daniel Saifiti
17.Jacob Saifiti

I like it way much
Dreaming, Lawrence and Latu

Glendale

Juniors
So who has better footwork? Watson or Ponga?

Watson, like ponga is effortless with his footwork.

We are really going to open sides up next year with Watson and ponga running the ball and Levi running from DH. Even more so with our big 3 forwards getting a roll on.

Also, if they can get them right, big sweeping by backline movements will be a sight to behold with the speed and footwork of these 2.

Yep, the last string to Watsons' bow is the kicking game. I'm yet to see if he has one. Our last tackle options as is this season, with Lamb and Hodko, two kicking halves, are quite ordinary. Then again we chased Jack Bird hard and he doesn't have a kicking game either. There is a plan there which I'm sure we'll see.

mozza91

Coach
Latu would be ideal. Really good player, has size and a good skillset which is something we lack in our forwards.

A front row rotation of Saifiti x 2, EseEse and Latu is young, exiting and the best we've had in years. King has been really good the last few weeks but we need depth and having a guy like him coming in after an injury or suspension is much better than having someone like Starling or Stockwell come in.

I am still holding out hope that Pauli Pauli can be an asset in First Grade too, so hopefully we give him another 12 months and injuries are alot kinder to him.

Scar Tissue

Juniors
I am afraid your hopes for Pauli Pauli are in the same league as me being simultaneously crowned Dally M winner, The next Immortal & Miss Universe(Quite a feat for a rough headed,fat, old bloke) Never shown one iota of intent, drive or intelligence.Has physical presence to destroy teams but just doesn't care, its a shame & easy to see why Parra saw him as surplus, even when they had an inferior team to this years.We need real goers not big softies who are permanently asleep at the wheel!

mozza91

Coach
I am afraid your hopes for Pauli Pauli are in the same league as me being simultaneously crowned Dally M winner, The next Immortal & Miss Universe(Quite a feat for a rough headed,fat, old bloke) Never shown one iota of intent, drive or intelligence.Has physical presence to destroy teams but just doesn't care, its a shame & easy to see why Parra saw him as surplus, even when they had an inferior team to this years.We need real goers not big softies who are permanently asleep at the wheel!
Disagree he showed abit at times in 2016 and deserved more First Grade imo. The fact he lost a lot of weight and was doing extras during the off season was another positive but he's had piss poor luck since and I think he deserves another 12 months.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Disagree he showed abit at times in 2016 and deserved more First Grade imo. The fact he lost a lot of weight and was doing extras during the off season was another positive but he's had piss poor luck since and I think he deserves another 12 months.

I agree, by the sounds of it Pauli was in really good shape over the off season but that car accident basically ruined his season before it even began. I would be happy if we kept him on for another year on minimum wage. It looks like we'll still be under the cap in 2018 anyway so holding onto Pauli for an extra 12 months on peanuts is basically a no risk option. Besides I saw some glimpses of a good player in him last year and would like to see him fully fit and with an uninterrupted off season under his belt.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Pauli wouldn't be in our top 25 anyway for 2018 so he would have no effect on our cap if he was given another chance

PhilGould

Bench
Looked a really promising player with the Titans but hasn't really lived up to it since moving to Canberra, despite their success as a team last year.

mozza91

Coach
Looked a really promising player with the Titans but hasn't really lived up to it since moving to Canberra, despite their success as a team last year.
Could be Stuart's coaching? Nobody ruins a halfback quite like Ricky does.

Latest posts