What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 team

aqua_duck

Coach
Herman will easily be your best prop for many years to come

Sheer stupidity for us Broncos to not re-sign him
If he turns out better than Daniel Saifiti we'll be laughing. What I like about Ese'ese is he actually bends the line every run, he doesn't just surrender in the tackle or try to get on his knees and elbows for a quick PTB

Spot On

Coach
Herman will easily be your best prop for many years to come

Sheer stupidity for us Broncos to not re-sign him

Hard to disagree with this. Only 27 games into his career too. Dan snd Jacob could be anything as well.

Wayne needs $$$ to pay his son and a couple others on a million a season. You would think Korbin Sims will probably want more than 80K next year?? Then again, money doesn't seem too important to him. I think he's happy getting his angry face on in front of the big home crowd. Seems to be enough 'payment' for him.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Hard to disagree with this. Only 27 games into his career too. Dan snd Jacob could be anything as well.

Wayne needs $$$ to pay his son and a couple others on a million a season. You would think Korbin Sims will probably want more than 80K next year?? Then again, money doesn't seem too important to him. I think he's happy getting his angry face on in front of the big home crowd. Seems to be enough 'payment' for him.

Sims appears in a lot of Broncos promo media. Would not be surprised if he is getting far more than the "$80K" reported

Glendale

Juniors
Korbin is out for the rest of the season with a fractured arm.

You don't like to see injury happen to anyone- but Korbin ran in with a raised forearm and ended up with it broken. You get what you deserve.

This will now probably give Herman a starting spot.

ryan.a87

Juniors
1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Shaun Kenny-Dowell
4.Tautau Moga
5.Ken Sio
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Jamie Buhrer
10.Lillyman
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Danny Levi
15.Herman Ese'ese
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Sione Mata'utia

Who gets dropped for Heighington?....maybe Jacob?

does Griffin play from the bench, with levi moving to starting side and burher on bench instead of jacob maybe?

perverse

Referee
I've got a strong feeling that the first big "scandal" in this forum next season is going to be Sione picked ahead of Fitzgibbon Round 1.

I could be wrong, but I just don't believe a smattering of good form when trying to earn a contract gets you an automatic start in round 1 ahead of a guy who has served as skipper.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I've got a strong feeling that the first big "scandal" in this forum next season is going to be Sione picked ahead of Fitzgibbon Round 1.

I could be wrong, but I just don't believe a smattering of good form when trying to earn a contract gets you an automatic start in round 1 ahead of a guy who has served as skipper.

Early selections will be interesting Pervy but I think Brown set the tone this year with good commitment, dedication and attitude on the training paddock/pre season will be a strong driver in his early selections.

If that is the case, a Sione vs Fitzgibbon selection decision may not be the only controversial decision discussed through here.

My expectation of Brown early next year will be to try and bed down a side and then pick and stick for a bit to allow combinations to develop with some level of surety for the first 6 rounds or so and then start shuffling a bit if things aren't developing the way they should be - that is also subject to injuries though.

Like many before though...selection headaches through competition versus the lack of availability is going to be a nice headache to have for a change ;)

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Shaun Kenny-Dowell
4.Tautau Moga
5.Ken Sio
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Jamie Buhrer
10.Lillyman
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Danny Levi
15.Herman Ese'ese
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Sione Mata'utia

Who gets dropped for Heighington?....maybe Jacob?

does Griffin play from the bench, with levi moving to starting side and burher on bench instead of jacob maybe?

Just drop Sio and play Sione on the wing, that'll do lol. Oh and i doubt we would've bought Griffin if Buhrer and Levi were going to rotate.

Spot On

Coach
Pre season will again go a long way to determine who gets a start.

Brown will have no problem moving a captain along if it is for the good of the team.

He has now recruited most of what he wanted/needed and must start to put wins on the board.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
With Heighington now on board I think we probably still need to get at least another middle forward and 2 outside backs

Would like to get a marquee eg Maloney or Cronk but I don't see it happening unfortunately

Frederick

Staff member
1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Moga
4. Sione
5. SKD
6. Watson
7. Lamb
8. Ese’ese
9. Levi
10. Daifiti
11. Buhrer
12. Guerra
13. Barnett

14. Griffin
15. Lillyman
16. Heighington
17. Jaifiti

18. Fitzgibbon
19. Yates
20. Stone
21. Sio
22. Cogger

Joel-22

Juniors
I try to write a likely side but I just can't fit Buhrer, Sione, Fitz, Guerra, Heighington, Jaifiti, Griffin in.

Brown will pick his rd 1 side based on pre-season performance and based on the bits of inside info I have on the players and their personalities/work ethic I think this is what will be likely come round 1.

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Shaun Kenny Dowell
4.Tautau Moga
5.Ken Sio
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Jacob Lillyman
9.Slade Griffin
10.Herman Ese'ese
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.Chris Heighington
16.Daniel Saifiti
17.Lachlan Fitzgibbon

Pedge1971

First Grade

If that is called a scandal, I call a scandal a good thing mate...

Pedge1971

First Grade
I try to write a likely side but I just can't fit Buhrer, Sione, Fitz, Guerra, Heighington, Jaifiti, Griffin in.

Brown will pick his rd 1 side based on pre-season performance and based on the bits of inside info I have on the players and their personalities/work ethic I think this is what will be likely come round 1.

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Shaun Kenny Dowell
4.Tautau Moga
5.Ken Sio
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Jacob Lillyman
9.Slade Griffin
10.Herman Ese'ese
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.Chris Heighington
16.Daniel Saifiti
17.Lachlan Fitzgibbon

Wtf do u know about the new recruits btw?

perverse

Referee
1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Moga
4. Sione
5. SKD
6. Watson
7. Lamb
8. Ese’ese
9. Levi
10. Daifiti
11. Buhrer
12. Guerra
13. Barnett

14. Griffin
15. Lillyman
16. Heighington
17. Jaifiti

18. Fitzgibbon
19. Yates
20. Stone
21. Sio
22. Cogger
I'd love for this to be close to the round 1 team, but I get the feeling that Brown is going to keep Sione in the forwards, even though we lack an outside back. Not the choice i would make at this stage, a lot can change in the pre-season too. I've also got a feeling that Lillyman will start, at least early in the year. Brown will want to keep some punch on the bench, probably Ese'ese - although if Dan has a slack off season he could easily see himself benched.

Latest posts