What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Top 8

GongPanther

Referee
Nothing to do with the Tigers, it’s just disappointing as a fan of footy that the top 8 is set 9 weeks out from the finals.
Just the way things have lanned out Vic. Who knows,the way the form is going,with the Broncos and Panthers destined to lose to the Tits and Warriors respectively,the door is sill a little bit open.

GongPanther

Referee
Of course I won't lie, I hope Easts miss the 4. I'd rather Penrith there!
Unfortunately,we are simply starting to realise that the replacements for our injured players can only put in for so long a period. Players who have come into grade too early need time back in reserve grade.We are a tired busted arse who are going down and out of the eight.

footy75

Bench
Unfortunately,we are simply starting to realise that the replacements for our injured players can only put in for so long a period. Players who have come into grade too early need time back in reserve grade.We are a tired busted arse who are going down and out of the eight.

nah... Panthers won't miss the 8 from here

BennyV

Referee
That I actually agree on! Dunno how the Raiders lost that game.... poor Ricky...

I was actually hoping Wests would get up for Robbie today. I was glad to see he went very well. After all he did behave himself whilst at Souths!
Ricky is a main cause of their issues, not a victim of them.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Warriors slip to 8th

Only 4 points between 1st and 8th

Even though it seems like the 8 is set, top 4 still very uncertain

Pedge1971

First Grade
Should be a great finish. Warriors are a lock for 8th unless something drastically changes and could even do a Dragons in past years and fall out.

Much as I hate to say it Brisbane with a proper half would be scary. Can see them pushing for top 4 and scaring the bejeezuz out of the teams in front of them with that fwd pack. When do they get Gillett & Glenn back because they already look f**king formmidable now?

Penrith & Saints need to improve on recent efforts. Souths need to maintain current form and push on and Roosters and Sharks have the experience and class if they can put it together.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Should be a great finish. Warriors are a lock for 8th unless something drastically changes and could even do a Dragons in past years and fall out.

Much as I hate to say it Brisbane with a proper half would be scary. Can see them pushing for top 4 and scaring the bejeezuz out of the teams in front of them with that fwd pack. When do they get Gillett & Glenn back because they already look f**king formmidable now?

Penrith & Saints need to improve on recent efforts. Souths need to maintain current form and push on and Roosters and Sharks have the experience and class if they can put it together.
Storm are bloody dangerous imo.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Panther Cubs big win has steadied the ship a bit for us, but big tests v Sharks and Broncos in consecutive weeks will starting telling us if we're a contender or destined for another 5th to 8th place season and probable early finals exit. If we win even 1 of the next 2 the signs will be good for us, considering our injuries.

The Warriors should be ok for the 8 but probably won't go further. They've been good against the lower teams mostly this season but the top sides have exposed them.

Surely the top 8 is set as Canberra's run home is too tough and but for a miracle escape against the lowly Bulldogs nobody would be mentioning them at all.

typicalfan

Coach
If Warriors lose their next two to the Broncos and Storm which is very possible then you’d think the race to the top 8 will be available for Tigers and Raiders again. A lot of top 8 sides play each other in the run to the finals I think it’s far from decided. The 8 is condensing too only 2 wins seperate the top 8 sides now I can see the difference between 7th and 4th being a win or f/a

Card Shark

Immortal
There is no way the dragons will drop out.

They are 8 points ahead of 9th & a far superior for & against. They probably only need to win 1 more - they are safe.

Can’t say the same for Brisbane though.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lol@ anyone thinking the NRL will allow a finals series without a QLD team. Anyways even without intervention the Raiders draw is too tough and Wests are too shit to win 2 more games then Brisbane

Maroon4life

Juniors
Lol@ anyone thinking the NRL will allow a finals series without a QLD team. Anyways even without intervention the Raiders draw is too tough and Wests are too shit to win 2 more games then Brisbane

Raiders and tigers should have won more games?

Broncos also beat both of those sides and it’s the reason they are in the position they are.

cain3y

Juniors
If broncos lose next week and tigers and raiders win it's game on for the top eight. Stranger things have happened.

Latest posts