What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Top 8

blaza88z

Coach
We probably lose next week but we have a few games against teams in the bottom 8 in the run home, we'd have to fall off the edge of a cliff to miss the 8 given Canberra and the Tigers don't exactly have free rides home, they actually play each other as well

TheDMC

Bench
All current top 8 teams except the rabbitohs have suffered a loss of at least 20 points once or more this season.

Rabbits lost to Warriors 20-32 (round 1) -- 12 point loss
Dragons lost to Melbourne 30-52 (early July) – 22 point loss
Roosters lost to Warriors 6-30 (late March) – 24 point loss
Sharks lost to Dragons 20-40 (mid April) – 20 point loss
Broncos lost to Dragons 12-34 (round 1) – 22 point loss
Panthers lost to Roosters 6-32 (mid June) – 26 point loss
Melbourne lost to Manly 4-24 (mid May) – 20 point loss
Warriors lost to Melbourne 10-50 (late April) – 30 point loss

I thought this analysis might come up with something interesting, but I can't see it. However, since I wasted 15 minutes of my life putting it together I am sure as hell going to post it somewhere anyway.

cain3y

Juniors
All current top 8 teams except the rabbitohs have suffered a loss of at least 20 points once or more this season.

Rabbits lost to Warriors 20-32 (round 1) -- 12 point loss
Dragons lost to Melbourne 30-52 (early July) – 22 point loss
Roosters lost to Warriors 6-30 (late March) – 24 point loss
Sharks lost to Dragons 20-40 (mid April) – 20 point loss
Broncos lost to Dragons 12-34 (round 1) – 22 point loss
Panthers lost to Roosters 6-32 (mid June) – 26 point loss
Melbourne lost to Manly 4-24 (mid May) – 20 point loss
Warriors lost to Melbourne 10-50 (late April) – 30 point loss

I thought this analysis might come up with something interesting, but I can't see it. However, since I wasted 15 minutes of my life putting it together I am sure as hell going to post it somewhere anyway.
You forgot dragons lost to panthers
28-2 (late May) - 26 point loss

Travitoh

First Grade
Canberra only have to draw level with Brisbane and their PD will get them over the line. It's on

fizman

Bench
I spoke with Peter Beattie last week. The NRL is very concerned that the Broncos last Minor Premiership was in 2000.

The NRL are looking to introduce a "bonus point system" for the remainder of the season and beyond.

If the Broncos can get a crowd of 25k+ they will be awarded a bonus point - with 4 home games remaining that's an extra 4 points.

It won't get the Broncos the Minor Premiership - but it will allow the outrage to settle down in time for 2019 and will also give the Broncos a genuine chance at a Top 4 spot.

The NRL have already tried everything - Andrew Gee, Referees, 36 Feeder Clubs,

footy75

Bench
Looks like Tigers are the only team that could possibly sneak in now at the expense of a Warriors or Panthers fade.