What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 W-NSWRL Comps

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For those not acquainted with the NSW Women's Premiership, it features 9 teams:

- Cabramatta
- Canterbury Bulldogs
- CRL Newcastle
- Cronulla-Caringbah
- Mounties
- North Sydney Bears
- Penrith Brothers
- South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Wentworthville Magpies

It's about 11 rounds into a 14 round season at the moment, with (from memory) a top five finals system.

LINK to the full draw: http://leagueunlimited.com/competition/show/nswrl-womens-premiership/2018/draw/full

kbw

Bench
Its an interesting comp. Souths are the obvious favourites, but Mounties and Cabra are in with a good chance. Brothers are a bit of a smokey.

I think it will def come down to injuries and the points system determining who plays and who wins

Willow

Assistant Moderator
For those not acquainted with the NSW Women's Premiership, it features 9 teams:

- Cabramatta
- Canterbury Bulldogs
- CRL Newcastle
- Cronulla-Caringbah
- Mounties
- North Sydney Bears
- Penrith Brothers
- South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Wentworthville Magpies

It's about 11 rounds into a 14 round season at the moment, with (from memory) a top five finals system.

LINK to the full draw: http://leagueunlimited.com/competition/show/nswrl-womens-premiership/2018/draw/full
And the full ladder:
http://leagueunlimited.com//competition/show/nswrl-womens-premiership/2018/ladder

Proud Footy Mum

Juniors
Souths very disappointing yesterday, whilst full congrats goes to Canterbury for getting the draw. Cronulla has been ravaged by injuries, still getting a big win aswell.

kbw

Bench
Interesting result with Newcastle beating Mounties.
I did see the Cabra v Brothers game and it was a cracker with Cabra getting up 20-10 (I think) but it was a very high standard of football

kbw

Bench
Simaima TAUFA and another girl, I think surname Latu both missing for Mounties, once back will make a big difference.

Simaima definitely makes a huge difference. Did you mean Victoria Latu ? She is at Cabra, was at mounties last year

kbw

Bench
Mounties 30 - Brothers 16
Cronulla 18 - Bulldogs 16
Norths 42 - Wenty 0
Souths 28 - Cabra 14

I saw 2 of the games, The Norths / Wenty game was predictably not a very physical game. I do think if Wenty could put some physicality into their defence and stick the tackles they would be a lot more competitive (bit obvious I guess). A bit of unnecessary rubbish towards the end by a Norths player that is developing a reputation for similar behaviour and was sent from the field.

The Souths Cabra was much better game. Souths picked up their game from the last 2 and Cabra dropped theirs a bit. It was one of those games for Cabra and they copped a few injuries along the way as well.

What was nice was the group Souths supporters that seem to follow their girls around. Typically ignorant at times but far from as obnoxious as normal souths fans and help create a great atmosphere at the game.

Timmah

Staff member
How did the Redfern girls go before the Souths game?

Proud Footy Mum

Juniors
Mounties 30 - Brothers 16
Cronulla 18 - Bulldogs 16
Norths 42 - Wenty 0
Souths 28 - Cabra 14

I saw 2 of the games, The Norths / Wenty game was predictably not a very physical game. I do think if Wenty could put some physicality into their defence and stick the tackles they would be a lot more competitive (bit obvious I guess). A bit of unnecessary rubbish towards the end by a Norths player that is developing a reputation for similar behaviour and was sent from the field.

The Souths Cabra was much better game. Souths picked up their game from the last 2 and Cabra dropped theirs a bit. It was one of those games for Cabra and they copped a few injuries along the way as well.

What was nice was the group Souths supporters that seem to follow their girls around. Typically ignorant at times but far from as obnoxious as normal souths fans and help create a great atmosphere at the game.
I take my hat off to those Wentworthville girls, they get flogged nearly every week, mostly young newer girls, and yet still they show up every week, and go hard out. Disappointing though whoever the Norths player was. Souths though the victors yesterday, will need to get back to the dominance they showed in the early part of the season with the semis around the corner. A couple of the usual starters didn't play this week, but no excuses they still need to be better. A small group of Souths supporters try to come to all of the girls games, including making the trek to watch them play Newcastle the other week. Im not a Souths supporter (even though I have family playing for the girls) but its lovely to see the support for them.

Proud Footy Mum

Juniors
Cronulla and Newcastle were first up yesterday in the Semis, with both teams having an enormous amount of injuries in their usual line ups, a lot of younger players taking the field. Cronulla just getting the win, young girl by the name of Quincy Dodd a great young player to watch. Next Mounties and Cabramatta, with Mounties winning in the end another great game. Next week Mounties take on Souths and Cabramatta take on Cronulla at Leichhardt on Saturday.

Timmah

Staff member
Updated roadmap for the finals:

Dis2PyfU0AAcxrl.jpg:large