What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Women's Origin - NSW 16-10 QLD @ North Sydney

Women's Origin: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Travitoh

First Grade
A three game series alongside the men has to be on the cards in the not too distant future. However, playing it as it was tonight as it's own main event is the way forward.

Eion

First Grade
It should be a 3 game series and each game played before the mens. The quality is good enough. Even though it was a small crowd, it was good that the game was the only one for the first official SoO match, so the girls were the focus and it shows the interest in the sport.
I don’t like the idea of it being before the men’s game. It’ll just get swallowed up.

The game is good enough to stand on its own.

Xcalibre

Juniors
He fumbled at the end when he said "thanks guys" too. He really wasn't sure what the right PC words to say were.

Then the two team captains step up and sound like they both just left the pub.

Haha love the use of "bloody" in those speeches, and the passion.

Who would've thought the girls were the ones to be authentic rugby league players. Good stuff.

Xcalibre

Juniors
I don’t like the idea of it being before the men’s game. It’ll just get swallowed up.

The game is good enough to stand on its own.

A crowd of 6k says otherwise

It's entertaining enough to be stand alone but the reality is, the general public interest isn't there yet. It's easy to forget the organised women's game is still very young.

The curtain raiser for SoO is usually u18s right. Maybe keep it like that and in the future the format will be like this weekend for every SoO game. The problem as always is what to do with the NRL matches. Three weekends per season with no NRL being played is unacceptable.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Playing before a mens game is definitely the wrong option.

This game could be promoted like crazy. I know my juices were flowing during the contest.

All jokes aside, suggestions of crowds 20k plus are not beyond possibility.