What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 or 2023

Munky

Coach
Last year we destroyed all comers in the regular season at full strength except Parra.

Who we obliterated twice in the finals.

IMO the pre Origin 2021 team was the best side to watch.

Would put up a score on everyone until injuries hit and had to tackle their way to a premiership.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
Last years next best teams were worse than this year I’d say. Parra at their best were as good as any side this year but their form was very patchy (and still is). Outside of that no one was particularly convincing and the sides outside the 8 were way weaker than your 9-13 this year. So maybe we were made to look better also.

I thought during the off season our defence and territory game would remain very strong and we’d be able to build off that platform. Our attack has unquestionably been weaker though even if it is a transition year. Next year I expect it to improve as we continue to get used to attacking without Api and Kikau.

age.s

First Grade
I think we're weaker objectively, but in comparison to the rest of the comp we're about the same. You can only play what's in front of you.

sportsnut

Juniors
We don't have the strike of last year, but the defence might be slightly better.

Totally agree with this. But this is going to only get better with Nathan getting hot as we head into finals. Also think last year although we were marginally better we also faced tougher competition. This year the competition seems weaker. The only team that could get it together is Souths.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Totally agree with this. But this is going to only get better with Nathan getting hot as we head into finals. Also think last year although we were marginally better we also faced tougher competition. This year the competition seems weaker. The only team that could get it together is Souths.
Yeah Brisbane are 2 years off imo and by then they'll need to replace Reynolds